The Beating Of A Lifetime

Tick...tick...tick....

I kept looking down at the clock tower below me, looking for the right time to strike. If my sources were correct, there was a robbery bound to happen below the clock aaany second now. I looked below me, oh! A person! I jumped down, landed on ,y feet of course and then BOOM! The person was gone! I looked down, and there was a tiny device.... Of course. A hologram. How could I have been so stupid? Just as I was about to walk away, I heard a small creaking noise.

"Oh don't tell me it's a---" and I was wooshed through a trap door.

I don't remember the way there, probably because I was knocked out, but I do remember waking up, seeing that crimson red smile, looking up on me, just like I was in Gotham city again... Wait- how was the joker in Blüdhaven?! That I will never know, but I do know what he said.

"Awww bird boy's all grown up! Your muscles are much bigger if I do say so myself, and you were SO much more talented then that guy after you, you know, the one who died, beaten to death, by yours truly, and that's what I'm going to do to YOU!" His voice cackled from behind me. I knew it wasn't going to end well, but what I didn't know was what to happen after.

CRASH! SMASH! CRRRRICK! Those were the sound of my spine cracking in two. I don't remember much of that part, but I do remember the evil laughter cackling through the underground. As my eyes shut tight to what I thought was my doom, I mumbled out three last words.

"I'm sorr- sorry bruuuuce"