Welcome Home

I woke up to see faces looking down at me. I recognized them all. There was Alfred, Tim Drake, Jason (who was supposed to be dead) and last but not least, Bruce. I didn't want to see his face again, but apparently he saw mine.

"How did you guys f-f-find me?" I stuttered, my heart still racing.

"We've always had a tracker on you master dick," Alfred spoke in his usual fancy British manner.

They WHAT?! So they've watched my every move for years?! That pissed me off so much that my body jolted up, and I didn't even think before throwing a punch at Bruce, who expected it, and dodged with ease. Jason chuckled the other side of my medical bed, and smirked at me.

"How are you even alive?!"

"Al Ghul Lazarus pit" he answered bluntly "Oh, now I'm sort of a criminal so don't tell anyone I'm alive or I'll shoot you, Grayson"

My brain was racing, thoughts throbbing in my head like a heartbeat. Why would the Al Ghul's do that? Why is Jason a criminal? Is the joker dead? Why is Bruce acting like nothing's happened?

"Dick-" Bruce started, but I cut him off

"You know what?! Just stop! I could have handled this on my own!"

"No, you couldn't have. Besides, we're famil-"

"No! We never were and never will be!"

I felt his hand touch my shoulder and flinched it off.

"Look, I know your still angry but we need to be more of a family now more than ever," he said in his usual calm manner.

"Now? Why not in the past few years? I am just some sort of back up plan you threw out the window?! Or am I just a pawn?"

"Dick, it's not like that there's a big-"

"Target on your back? Joker on the loose? All that usual shit? Yeah, I've heard it all before..."

"No... Dick this is about Tony Zucco..."

With those words my eyes widened. My head started spinning even more. I felt the blood rushing through my skull.

Zucco was the one who murdered my parents, the only family I had. He was the one who ruined my life! If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be in the damn family! He's MY problem not Bruce's or Alfred's or anyone else in the stupid family.

"What does he want..." I felt my voice go deeper with rage. My fists clenched a nearby table and I started to shout.

"WHERE. IS. ZUCCO?"