prologue

Luke never had thought of being anything besides being a Knowing. He knew barely anything besides being a Knowing. He knew everything he had to know to be a Knowing and he knew the rules he had to follow.

He could only marry the person the government assigned him to, he could only have two kids, he worked the smart job he was assigned from the government, he couldn't move from his city, he couldn't fall in love. He didn't have the ability to.

Luke, at age 21, was "happily" being the CEO of his dad's company, "dating" the girl he was assigned to, and he hadn't been in contact with any of the Loving and he wasn't planning on it. He didn't understand the Lovings. They did everything they wanted and didn't give a shit. They did the jobs they wanted. They loved and married who they wanted. The only strict rule was the amount of kids they could have. They could only have three to work on the more difficult jobs they had. Boys could love boys, girls could love girls. People weren't supposed to fall in love with others and they were only supposed to get married to procreate. Luke found it repulsive.

Luke's life was moving at a fast pace compared to what it was supposed to. The government said he was supposed to inherit his dad's company at the age of 30 but since his dad died suddenly of a heart attack, Luke's life was sped up immensely. He was quickly forced into working and he would soon be living with his new wife. The funny thing was, when Luke's dad died, Luke didn't seem to care. The Knowing were known for being harsh, cruel, and cold and they had lack of empathy because they weren't supposed to have emotion. They were only supposed to be knowledgable.

No one really had a problem of Luke being the CEO, saying he was the perfect model of a Knowing. He never broke the rules and since he knew them by memory, practically forwards and backwards, he would know if he broke the rules. He hadn't even ever conversed with a Loving. It wasn't until he saw a Knowing being dragged out of the office, for having sexual relations with a Loving, did he even know what sex was and he still wasn't 100% sure on the subject. It freaked him out honestly.

Luke would say his life was perfect at the moment and he couldn't say anything was wrong. He was living the normal, dull, boring Knowing life. That was, of course, until Ashton Irwin, a Loving, came into his office to drop off a painting his dad had ordered while he was still alive. Luke wouldn't ever regret the moment that he met the cheeky, sexual, cheerful, hazel eyed boy.

***

I like this story ngl I like updating it and it's so cute. I'm halfway done with this one right now.

-malumdictionary