twelve

Luke sighed, this day was becoming so long. He was in a meeting and he wanted to leave. He was so bored and he really missed Ashton. Ashton. Ashton had been a topic that Luke couldn't stop thinking about. Luke couldn't seem to get the curly-haired brunette out of his head no matter how many times he tried to. He couldn't really focus in his job anymore and he always turned in papers late. It was so unlike his Knowing self.

Luke pulled his phone out onto his lap and saw the screensaver that Ashton had set of them laying in the bed together. It had been a photo Ashton had taken the last time they hung out. Luke couldn't but help but smile. Ashton was holding up a stray kitten they had found and was shoving it into Luke's face. Not knowing that Luke was allergic. Luke got a lot of cuddles after it because Ashton felt bad about his constant sneezing.

"Hemmings! Are you paying attention?" a loud voice boomed, making Luke quickly shove his phone his pocket. Luke looked up to see his dad's old business partner, Matt, looking down on him.

"Hm, yeah?" Luke asked, confused on what was going on.

"I swear, you haven't been paying attention this whole time. How can you even own a company if you can't pay attention to the financial meetings that go on about said company?" Matt asked.

Luke didn't know how to respond. He hadn't ever been yelled at before. He had never seen a Knowing show emotion.

"This is why I told your dad he should've left the company with me until you were older. You can't trust such a huge company with a child."

Matt stormed out of the room, leaving Luke and everyone else in complete shock. They might've felt the same way but they wouldn't have said anything to Luke about it. Luke could have them kicked out and banned with a snap of his fingers.

"I guess that's the end of the meeting," Luke said awkwardly, before getting up and making his way to his office so that he could go home.

***

Luke looked at the caller ID and sighed before answering. He didn't really want to talk to Ashton at the moment. Ashton got him in trouble.

"Hi Ashton," Luke grumbled.

"What's wrong? You never answer like that," Ashton said concerned at the tone of the Knowing.

"I'm mad," Luke huffed.

"That's a first. I thought Knowing's weren't supposed to feel."

"Shut up Ashton."

"I guess it's not the time for jokes. Next time if you don't want to talk then don't answer," Ashton said.

"No because you would've kept texting and calling and bitching and complaing."

"Well, okay. I just wanted to see how your day went but I guess it didn't go well. Bye Luke."

Before Luke could say anything else, Ashton had hung up. Leaving the blonde with the tone of his phone and a heavy guilt weighing down his chest.

***

These chapters are gonna be so short but like it's sort of a short story idk. I always thought it would be longer but I guess not

-malumdictionary