27-Day 12

Hello my pretties! I just wanted to say...

NARWALS! There, I said it.

Aphmau
I wake up to the sunlight hitting my face. Who keeps leaving the blinds open?!
I groan and open my eyes wearily.
Through the small slits of the blind sun rays escape into the cool cabin room.
I slide out of my bed and my bare feet hit the cold wooden floor.
I grab my phone and see a new text from my dogsitter with a picture of Ace attached.
Awwwww! He's so cute!
I change into plain jeans and a maroon tank top and white sneakers. I pull my hair into a ponytail and exit the cabin.
To have a football hit my head.
Why must this always happen?
Vylad comes into view, "I'm so sorry, Aphmau! I didn't see you there."
I smile, "Obviously."
He helps me up and I ask, "When are you going to tell Garroth and Zane that you're there adoptive brother?"
"Never?"
He sees my glare and corrects himself, "Soon?"
I nod and pat his head teasingly, "Good boy."
He rolls his eyes and goes off with his football.
I watch him leave and a tennis ball hits my head.
Why do sports items have it out for my head?!
A grey wolf pounces on me and licks my face. Why does this wolf look so familiar? I laugh lightly and I hear someone approaching.
"Hey Aphmau. I see you've met Roxy's friend." Nicole says casually.
"Your fox is friends with a wolf?" I ask and push the wolf off me. It whimpers. It seems harmless.
Nicole shrugs, "We were in the woods and they started to play."
I look at the wolf next to me, "Interesting."

-

"Ewwwww! Why'd you ruin my lunch?" I poke Aaron. He grins, "Whatever do you mean?" I flick his muscled arm, "You know what I mean."
I shove away my plate, "I'm not sure I want my hot dog anymore."
Aaron grabs it and eats it in two bites, "Can't let food go to waste."
I look at him, disgusted, "Gross. How can you like relish?"
He looks sad, "Because Lily did."
I tilt my head, "Who's Lily?"
He shakes his head, "No one."
I make my eyes widen and look like puppy eyes, "Can you please tell me?"
He sighs, "Alright. For you."
I squeal with delight and face him.
He explains, "Last year, I was dating a girl named Lily. She was my first girlfriend. We were mad in love. We saw a boy at the homeless center and adopted him. He was a combination of both of us. He had my hair and her eyes."
He sighs sadly, "They both died. A stranger had given Jacob a pendant, I snatched it away from them, and everyone in the village I was in died. It was black magicks. Cursed I should say. It was supposed to make me heartbroken and make me want the stranger's daughter as my wife. My mother said I should try dating again. So I did. I went or with the stranger's daughter, Lillian, but I felt nothing for her. So I left her and I moved here. My mother soon followed so she can comfort me."
I hug him, "I'm so sorry, Aaron." I give him a peck on the cheek and he stiffens.
Soon, his lips form a childish grin.
I smile, "You want more?"
He nods.
"You're gonna have to catch me!" I jump up from the picnic bench we were sitting on and run from the oak tree it was under.
He grins and chases me.
I run past campers and counselors and end up near the doc.
I turn around and see Aaron.
He's walking toward me with a wild smile on his face.
"You wouldn't dare."
He smiles and says simply, "I would."
He runs at me and I take a step backwards and fall into the lake.
He dives in as well, after me.
He swims towards me and wraps me in his arms, "I believe there's something you owe me?"
I smile and kiss him in the lake.