3

Chapter 3-Shefani Coffee

"So, Mr.Shelton, are you sure you'll be able to handle all this homework?" Professor Cline asked.

Hell no, he thought. But despite his thoughts, he had gotten himself in this mess. "Yes, sir."

Professor Cline chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief. "Boy, you're crazy."

"I know, sir." Blake rolled his eyes, he didn't need anymore badgering, he had homework to get to. You know, just a lifetime worth of business and trigonometry homework, nothing big.

"When you want to quit, just tell me." Cline tried getting to the young adult.

"I ain't quitting." Blake got up abruptly, slugging his backpack around his shoulders. He slammed the door shut, walking out of the engineer building. The other students at Murray University just stared at the troubled, 6'5 man. The girls giggled and waved, their cheeks matching the color pink that their noses were because of the cold. Blake would've usually winked and flirted back, but today was different. The past few days had been completely different, if Blake was being honest. All he would work on was months worth of missing assignments, all whilst struggling to avoid the temptation to go out and party with Luke. He had little time to have any social life, and usually Miranda took up that time. He hadn't seen Gwen since their little walk home, and God, how he missed her.

He walked out of the building, and headed for the dorms. The sun was out, but the temperature was forty degrees. Damn, I should've worn a coat, He thought. He sighed, wrapping his arms around himself as he struggled to get warmth.

"Need a jacket there, buddy?" a girl popped next to his side.

"More like a coat would do." Blake muttered. His friend just chuckled as she handed him a heavy jacket.

"Where the hell did you get this?" Blake asked, but he gladly accepted her gift.

"From Luke. He said apologies for what's in store. Whatever that means." the girl shrugged, taking a sip from her coffee.

"What the hell did he do this time?" Blake muttered again.

The girl noticed his off behavior. Blake was usually a happy, chill guy. But recently, he's been closed off, grumpy, and he just look utterly awful. The bags under his eyes indicated lack of sleep, and he was hunched over like he was going to pass out any moment. He also hadn't shaven, and a beard was growing quickly where light stubble usually was placed. Not to mention the smell around him was revolting.

"Blakey, what's the matter with you? You haven't been actin' like your usual self lately." his friend questioned. She was positively worried.

"Nothin', Raelynn. I'm fine." Blake lied, not wanting his friend to worry. "Just tired, that's all." he faked a smile. Raelynn knew something was wrong, but she shrugged it off.

"Well, okay then, see ya' later!" she hugged him and then walked off, probably looking for her boyfriend, Josh.

Blake walked into his dorm room. Red cups were trashed all over the room, and the whiff of alcohol was overpowering. "Fucking dammit, Luke!" Blake exclaimed as he slammed his fist on the nearest objects. He kicked through trash and- oh God, is that a condom?  Blake thought. Shit, is that blood on it?  Blake internally screamed. He threw his backpack on the ground, and sat down at the table, where he put his head down. All he wanted was to sleep and play the guitar at the moment.

Dammit, what had life become?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------