8

Chapter Eight-Shefani Coffee

You know when you're so close to fire that you think one more step will lead to catch you aflame? That's what Gwen feels like around Blake.

The tiniest of contact leads to lust, Gwen had realized. Her skin would feel like it was on fire, wanted more to aflame. Blake was her lighter; and she was the gasoline.

"Gwen!" the teacher called. "What's the answer to the equation?"

"Oh," Gwen snapped out of her daydream, which was, of course, about Blake. "X equals pi?"

"Correct," the teacher claims.

Gwen sighed. Truth be told, she was paying no attention. All she could think about was the tall country boys with blue eyes.

"Everything okay?" Blake asks.

"Yeah," Gwen replies. "I'm just tired."

"Not use to college yet, huh?" Blake gives me a knowing smirk.

"Yeah," I sigh.

"Ms. Stefani and Mr. Shelton!" the teacher raised her voice. "Do you have something to share with the class?"

"No, m'am," Blake mutters.

"Then, pay attention!" the teacher snaps.

The rest of class went on, with Blake on Gwen's mind and Gwen on his.

The bell rings, signaling that class was over. Gwen and Blake got their stuff together.

"Blake!" someone calls. Gwen turns around to see an average height boy with crazy brown hair. "You've never introduced me to this fine young lady."

Blake rolls his eyes. "Adam, this is Gwen. Gwen, meet Adam; one of the most annoying people you'll ever meet."

Gwen laughs. "Nice to meet you, Adam."

"I already like you better than Blake," Adam jokes, making Gwen laugh.

"Shut up," Blake rolls his eyes. "Your hair looks like a pile of shit."

"No u," Adam smirks, causing Gwen to laugh even harder.

"Bitch," Blake mutters.

"Well," Adam begins. "I should probably go find my girlfriend, but it was nice meeting you, Gwen. I do have to say though- the sexual tension between you is over the top!"

Blake and Gwen turn red as Adam walks away laughing. "Don't listen to him." Blake says. "He's a piece of shit."

Gwen giggles. "I like him. He was funny."

Then, there was an awkward silence. Why was Adam's comment effecting them so much? Maybe Adam was right, Gwen thinks to herself. I don't know if my hormones are up because it's almost time for my period, but I've definitely been thinking anout say with Blake way too much lately.

Gwen has never been the dirty type. Growing up in a very catholic household, she was innocent when it came to that type of stuff.  The closest she's ever gotten to sex was a very heated make out session before she moved to Tishomingo. She's had wet dreams before, has watched mature movies and read mature books, but she's still never had sex with something other than her hand.

Blake, on the other hand, was very active when it came to his libido. He was nowhere near a virgin, and pretty much masturbated everyday. He was your typical young adult. Of course, he's calmed down since he met Gwen. But, guilt fills him when he realizes that his wet dreams are about her.

"Blake, Gwen!" Raelynn runs up to them. "Party tonight at Josh's. Be there."

The girl is gone as fast as she came, leaving the two alone. "Well, I guess we're going to a party tonight."
...
"I don't know what's been up with me, Rae!" Gwen sighs. The two girls are currently in Rae's bedroom, picking out outfits for tonight.