9

Chapter Nine: Shefani Coffee

You could hear music booming from over a mile away, and people cheering from down the street. The street road was full of cars and trucks. The windows from the two story house blasted colors out into the night. Josh owned a house by Texoma Lake, which is basically a midwestern beach. People were out on the boats, dancing by the fire, swimming in the lake, driving around in trucks...and over ninety percent of the people are probably stoned.

"I feel nervous," Gwen says as her and Raelynn arrive at the door.

"Don't," Raelynn replies. "Gwen, you look like a full course meal. I should be the nervous one here because I have to stand by you tonight."

"Whatever," Gwen mumbles while knocking on the door.

The door opens quickly, revealing Josh on the other side. Raelynn squeals. "Josh! I missed you so much!"

"You saw him a few hours ago," Gwen rolls her eyes while they kiss.

"Hey, Gwen!" Josh smiles once the two break their kiss. Josh was a nice guy, and he loved Raelynn a lot. So, of course Gwen liked him.

"Hey!" Gwen gives him a hug.

"Is Blake here?" Raelynn asks. The sound of his name makes Gwen's heart flutter.

"Yeah," Josh says. "I'm pretty sure he was with Luke just a few minutes ago."

"Great!" Raelynn smiles. "I'm gonna go help Gwen find him. I'll be back in a bit!"

After giving Josh a quick peck on the cheek, Raelynn drags Gwen into the house. It was a lake house, so it was actually very nice. Bodies were packed in every room, so thank god Gwen is okay around large crowds.

"Rae!" a man comes up to the two blondes. Gwen looks up to see Luke coming towards them.

"Hey, Luke!" Raelynn goes to hug the man.

"Hi," Gwen waves.

"Gwen!" Luke checks out her body. "Looking good!"

Gwen blushes. "Thanks."

"Have you seen Blake?" Raelynn asks.

"He's outside," Luke nods his head towards the back. "Why? Is my company not good enough?"

"Yeah," Raelynn teases. "Sorry man, but Gwen looks really good right now and Blake has to see what he's missing."

"I'm pretty sure Miranda's out there, too," Luke says.

Shit, Gwen thinks.

"I'll take care of her," Raelynn shrugs. "See 'ya later, man."

"See 'ya!" Luke smiles. They run off, on a mission to find Blake. Gwen wouldn't lie, she feels nervous. This anxious pit of butterflies in her stomach make her feel hardly functional. It's not like she and Blake don't know each other, she's been friends with him for a while now.

"I need something to drink," Gwen stops suddenly.

"Like, water?" Raelynn raises her brow, confused on why the Californian stopped.

"No," Gwen swallows a lump in her throat. "What is there? Beer? Vodka?"

"I can check," Raelynn says. "Stay here."

Gwen nods, trying to calm her nerves while Rae went to get drinks. Breathe, Gwen. You just need to breathe, Gwen thinks to herself.

"I'm back!" Raelynn appears back at her side with two red cups. Gwen automatically grabs one and drinks it in one sip.

"Blah!" Gwen coughs. "What is that?"

"Rum," Raelynn says. "Gwen, are you alright?"

"Yeah," Gwen answers, trying to focus on the alcohol smoothing her system. "Just needed a little confidence."

Minutes later, Geen feel a slight buzz taking over her. Her laugh has gotten a little bit louder and her body has started to sway to the music. It's time.

"Alright," Gwen pulls Raelynn outside. The backyard is decked out in fairy lights. College students scatter throughout the lawn, either drinking or dancing. Gwen can easily spot Blake (he is 6'5, after all). He's wearing a navy button-down and blue jeans and his classic cowboy boots, a look so simple but somehow so attractive on him.

The two girls walk towards Blake, who's currently chatting with someone. Blake catches Gwen's attention and smirks. "Well, look who it is."

"Hey," Gwen says shyly, despite the alcohol giving her a boost of confidence.

The dude Blake was talking to walks away, and Raelynn takes that as her cue to leave. "I'll leave you two alone now. Don't do anything stupid, Blake."

Blake rolls his eyes. "I can't, I'm drunk!"

Raelynn groans. "If you need help, just call me."

Gwen giggles. "Thanks, Rae."

Suddenly, there was just the two of them. The fairy lights shine in Blake's blue orbs, and the reflections of said lights add a low glow to Gwen's face. The music around them drowned out.

"You look good," Blake looks up and down her body.

"You don't look too bad yourself," Gwen smirks, drinking out of her cup to cover her face.

"I always look like this," Blake raises his brow. "Literally, I own like five shirts."

Gwen chuckles. "Yeah, we gotta get you some new shirts."

"Well, there is a Walmart not too far from here," Blake shrugs. "We should go sometime."

Gwen raises her brow. "You want me to go with you?"

Blake turns red. "I mean, uh, if you want to. You know, I just thought of it because you're good with fashion and all..."

Gwen laughs and kicks him lightly. "I'm just messing with you. It sounds like a challenge though. You're lucky I like challenges."

"My sense of style is not that bad," Blake acts offended.

"You literally wear the same thing everyday," Gwen deadpans. "At least mix it up a little."

"Do I look like someone who cared about their wardrobe?" Blake gestures at himself.

"Obviously not," Gwen rolls her eyes. "But I'm here now. I can help you."

"You're here now," Blake repeats her.

Gwen's face goes soft. "Yeah...is that okay?"

Blake smiles once more. "Definitely. But I'm gonna need more beer."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I'M SO SORRY!

I only updated once last year, ugh! This story has been going on for over three years, omg. I can't believe I've been on stan twitter for this long. This is Gwen and Blake's four year anniversary, can you believe it?!

Anyway, I'm not in the Gwen fandom anymore (well, I just don't tweet about her) but if people are still interested in reading this story, then I'm willing to try and finish it! Remember how this was one of the first Shefani stories on wattpad? Sorry, it's just crazy to think about.

Thank you for reading! I'm sorry this story has taken me as long as it has. Hopefully it won't be too long until my next update.

I'm not proof reading this btw lol sorry.

-Lizzy