7

Chapter Seven- Shefani Coffee

"And she was like all over Blake," Caroline gossiped. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was totally into her."

Miranda slammed her fist into the table they gathered upon. "What?!"

"It's true, isn't it Raelynn?" Caroline asked the little blondie to back up her evidence.

"I don't know," Raelynn said, not wanting to get involved in pointless drama. Gwen and Blake liked each other, so what? "It looked like they were just friends."

"Yeah," Caroline scoffed. "Friends with benefits."

Miranda gasped. Raelynn looked shocked.

"Are you implying Gwen's sleeping with Blake?" Raelynn asked.

"Obviously," Caroline rolled her eyes. "New girl hooks up with one of the hottest boys on campus, duh."

"That whore!" Miranda hissed.

"Hey," Raelynn suddenly stood up. "They're not sleeping together. Gwen's done nothing, and to be honest, I don't see why you two are acting so crazy."

"Who's sighed are you on, Rae?" Miranda confronted the girl.

Raelynn sighed. "I'm not on anyone's side. Now, if we're just going to sit here and act like middle schoolers, then I'm gonna leave." the girl picked up her purse.

Caroline scoffed. "Oh, really? Who are you gonna run off to, your boyfriend?"

"I'm gonna hang out with whoever the hell I want to!" Raelynn said, and then walked out of Miranda's house.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Where did you go?" Gavin sneered as Gwen walked past him.

Gwen sighed. He was the last person she wanted to see. "What do you mean?"

"At my concert," Gavin stated. "You disappeared with that hillbilly before the end."

Gwen stayed quiet. She wasn't going to lie to him. She hated liars. What do I say? She brainstormed in her mind.

"Did you sleep with him?"

"God, no!" Gwen erupted. Jeez, is sex the only thing people around here think about?

"Then why did you leave with him?" Gavin pressed Gwen.

Because your show was boring and I like Blake a lot better than I like you, Gwen wanted to say. But, she was raised to be kind.

"We decided to head out somewhere," Gwen decided to say, even though it sounded lame. "I didn't think you would mind."

"What do you mean you didn't think I would mind?!" Gavin raised his voice. "You're my girlfriend, and you don't think I'd be concerned if she ran off with another guy?"

"First of all, I don't recall ever stating I was your girlfriend," Gwen hissed, getting tired of the man's crap. "Second of all, shut up. We're at work. Keep it professional or I'll make sure my parents fire you."

Gavin rolled his eyes. "Well, since you claim I never officially asked you. Would you like to be my girlfriend."

Gwen raised her brow. "Seriously? You're asking that now?"

"Gavin," a voice behind them boomed. "I'm letting you off early today. I think Gwen and I can handle the shop."

The two turned to see Mr. Stefani. "Oh, thank you, sir," Gavin quickly smiled and went to put away his apron.

"Why'd you do that?" Gwen asked. Though she was thankful for it, she didn't want her dad hearing her drama.

"I thought we could spend some father-daughter time together," Dennis, Gwen's father, shrugged.