Chapter 1: First dance

This one's starts with Roddy and Rita, going to their first dance together. It's also their first actual date together. Enjoy.
---------------------------------------------
Ever since Roddy and Rita have saved Ratropolis from The Toad's flood and built their second Jammy Dodger, they have been a lot closer as partners, especially in crime, and are now boyfriend and girlfriend, but they never mentioned that they are. It has been two months since they've dated and even though they can treat each other like the couple they are, they have to stay a little serious when it comes to working on the boat.

Although, they usually tease each other during it, they have to stay focused. Even when it comes to running errands for Rita's big family.

A week ago, Rita has became very busy. She had to run a bunch of errands for her family to have a big brunch with her Uncle Jasper and cousin, Chelsie, who were visiting from Australia. Roddy has been trying to ask Rita out on a date, but she never had the right time to actually accept it. Especially, admitting his feelings to her during their first dinner out at a nearby diner, which Rita accepted that, but told him to take the relationship slow and doesn't want it messed up like it was with her other boyfriends in the past, deciding she wants it to go right that time with Roddy, which he accepted her decision. She thanked him with a kiss on the cheek, catching him by surprise. That was the first time she has ever kissed him. He was offguard for a while, but smiled.

One day on the Jammy Dodger II, Roddy was scrubbing all over the boat after he snapped at Rita for chewing her gum loudly, interrupting her part on her book. He cleaned the engine room, the roof of the boat, the smoke flew, and changed the oil on the engine.

Once he was done, Rita told him to write her a written apology with 250 words. So Roddy spent a half an hour, writing it down until he finished as he started reading it to himself in front of Rita while she listened. "...And, I, Roddy St. James, partner, friend, and First Mate of the Captain, Rita Malone, should not snap at her again. Especially when she's reading her book. I should treat her with respect and who she is. I don't mean to tick her off, even when it's from the smallest things. I was having a hard time concentrating on reading my book. I should have just asked her politely instead of shouting at her. One thing I've learned today is that she doesn't play and if you're not careful, you will suffer the consequences and she'll make sure of that, too. She is not your average girl, that's for sure. I've come to get used to it since I've known her. One thing for sure, I'm finding her personality to be very unique. As I finish this letter to her, I promise myself to help her and be respectful. I hope she understands this letter I wrote to her and that I am reading this to her right now. I am sorry, Rita." He finished before he dropped the letter low while he held it as he looked at Rita.

"That was 239 words. It was supposed to be 250." She said, with her arms crossed, raising an eyebrow, but looking like she understands.

Roddy sighed deeply. "I know."

"But you were close. I'll give you that. Although, I appreciate what you said about me, but try not to give me so much flattery, okay? Doesn't work on me that way, but the rest, at least you were honest. I forgive you."

So does that mean I'm off the hook now?" Roddy asked, growing his smile.

"Not yet. You just need to do one more thing for me."

"And what would that be this time?" Roddy asked, losing his smile.

Rita brought out the bucket of soapy water and a sponge before passing them to Roddy. "Scrub up the whole poop deck so clean and spotless, I wanna see myself in it like a mirror!" She snapped.

Roddy sighed. "Aye, aye, captain." He spoke flatly, taking the full bucket and sponge, kneeling down to start scrubbing the deck, but before he would get started, Rita stopped him while reading the paper.