Chapter 4: First Christmas together

This chapter is when Roddy and Rita celebrate their first Christmas together, but when Roddy, gets a job as Santa Claus, just to get enough money to buy Rita and her family Christmas presents, even for her mother's birthday, Rita is starting to think that he doesn't wanna spend time with her on Christmas.
---------------------------------------------
It was December 20th and Roddy and Rita were standing on the ice, close to Rita's family's house, in which the water was frozen. Rita was wearing her black leather jacket and was on ice skates, which she was teaching Roddy how to ice skate. Roddy was wearing a black thin fur coat and was on ice skates. He was looking a bit nervous since it was his first time, ice skating.

"Okay, you ready?" Rita asked, holding up her hands to pull up Roddy.

"Uh, I don't know if I can do this, Rita. I've never ice skated before." Roddy said.

"That's why I'm here to teach you. Trust me, I'm an expert at it. Watch this." Rita said before doing a little ice skating act. Skating around in a figure eight before jumping in the air while spinning.

Roddy was amazed, seeing her ice skating while she landed on one leg, skating back to him. "Wow, you're amazing. I wish I could do that." He said.

"Well, it takes a lot of practice to do it, but try skating around in circles for a start. I believe it's safe for you to start with." Rita said.

"Okay, that'll probably be a good idea, but what if the ice breaks?"

"Relax, it's been pretty cold lately. The water's ice down here is always thick. That's why we always walk on it during the winter. That almost saves the trouble with the Christmas season when we go shopping."

"Wow, so you walk to town instead of just drive there for the Christmas season?" Roddy asked.

"Only when it's winter when the water freezes thick. Yes." Rita said.

"Wow."

"Alright, you ready now?"

"I think." Roddy said.

"I promise you, it'll be fun. I'll be right next to you if you fall, okay?" Rita said.

"Okay." Roddy said, while getting up from the deck, slowly and shaking until he stood on his skates, but then he started slipping and fell on one his knees a bit hard. "Oww!"

"Careful, it's not easy the first time."

"Yeah, I can see that." Roddy spoke, sarcastically.

"It just takes practice. Just follow my lead and you'll get it. Just keep trying, okay? I'm not giving up on you." Rita said, pulling Roddy up from the ice as she helped Roddy skate around, letting him hold her hand as they skated around.

Around the second circle, Rita tripped and almost fell over when she fell in Roddy's arms. "Whoa, careful, are you okay?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Lost my balance is all. Thank you for breaking my fall." Rita chuckled.

"Okay. How am I doing? Alright?"

"You're doing great." Rita said, smiling before standing back up to skate with Roddy, again.

Later that night, Roddy and Rita were in town, walking around town, looking at Christmas lights, brightening all around. Roddy was amazed to see how beautifully bright the whole city was in lights. He has never seen that many lights in his whole life when he lived UpTop unless Tabitha would take him out of his cage and show him the lights around the house or outside their windows. Even on their Christmas tree, but this year, it's different. He's now spending his first Christmas down in the sewer with Rita and her family. He looks at Rita, who was smiling as brightly, enjoying her sight seeing the lights. "I love this time of year. The lights are so beautiful." She said.