4 // distance makes the heart

featuring Kenny Stills
For Denise // dxynasty

Denise sighed, painting her lips a dark shade of red. Her head full of curlers wearing her short white satin night gown.

Another morning of waking up alone and getting dressed to the Whitney Houston channel on Pandora. Her boyfriend, Kenny, was away on business and has been for a while.

To say that she missed him was an understatement. Two more days and he'll be back in her arms.

Denise rubbed her lips together and checked her face in the mirror before picking up her eyeliner.

"I could never understand," Kenny chuckled at how frightened Denise was, "how you manage to own my heart. Then I was away from you for what seems like forever and now I know."

Denise smiled, skipping towards Kenny, giving him a kiss. "I'm so happy you're here. I missed those lips." Denise giggled before kissing him again.

Kenny chuckled. "I missed everything about you. Especially watching you get ready in the morning." He smirked, feeling Denise up through her dress.

Denise giggled and moved away from him. "Stop, I have work."

"Can't you take the day off?" Kenny pouted, walking further into the bathroom, leaning on the counter as Denise focused on her makeup.

Denise bit the corner of her lip and looked at Kenny causing him to look at her. He smiled, she giggled.

"Come on." Kenny said through a laugh, grabbing Denise's hips.

Denise smirked and looked down. "Fine. Where are we going?"

"Have fun. Put on something comfortable. No heels." Kenny said, pushing himself off the counter.

Denise nodded and finished off her makeup before leaving the bathroom to get dressed.

Denise ended up in some light wash skinny jeans with slits at the knees and a white fitted tank, covered by a light wash denim button down that she tucked in. She put on some sandals and took the curlers from her hair, fingering through it and letting her part fall naturally.

Denise sighed before calling into work.

"Bradwicks Accounting. Tammy speaking, how may I help you?"

"Hey Tammy, it's Denise. I'm gonna call in today, I'm not feeling too good." Denise said, sitting on her bed.

"Um okay. I'll be sure to notify the front office. Anything else?"

"No, that's it. Thank you."

"Have a great day."

"I'll try." Denise softly chuckled and hung up.

She giggled and grabbed her phone, jogging to the front of her apartment finding Kenny sitting on the couch eating some white cheddar popcorn, watching tv.

"I'm ready." Denise smiled, straddling him.

Kenny smirked and held her waist. "Well, we can't leave until you get off of me, but I'm not rushing."

"Neither am I." Denise replied, leaning down to kiss him.

After a while of kissing and fondling, they were headed off to a local arcade. Denise laughed when they pulled into the parking lot.

"Really babe? The arcade."

"Yeah, it'll be fun." Kenny smiled, hopping out the car. He went and opened Denise's car door, watching as she stepped out and closed the door behind her.

Denise stood to the side as he dropped his keys into his pocket and walked to her side. They held hands, walking into the arcade.

Kenny walked up to the counter, paying for a fast pass.

"Oh my gosh! You're Kenny Stills!! I'm a huge fan. Not of the Dolphins, but I love you!" The girl spazzed from behind a counter.

"Can I have your autograph?!" She squealed as more and more people started to notice Kenny being there.

Denise sighed and assisted in taking some pictures, waiting for Kenny to finish up.

Once Kenny was done he apologized to Denise and took her to one of the virtual racing games.

After a few hours of bringing out their inner kid, they went to a pizza parlour next door.

"Thank you." Denise smiled to the waiter as he placed her pepperoni slice in front of her, handing Kenny his slice of supreme pizza as well.

"Thanks." Kenny said to the teenage boy.

The guy nodded, with a smile. "If you guys need anything else let me know."

Both, Kenny and Denise nodded as the guy left their table.

"You had fun today?" Kenny asked chewing his pizza.

Denise smirked and nodded, swallowing what was in her mouth. "Yeah babe. I did, thank you."

"Much better than our usual dinner date, right?"

Denise giggled. "I don't think it matters. As long as I get to spend time with you I'm happy."

"Yeah, I know the distance is kinda stressful, but I think I have a solution for all of that."

"Ken, I'm not moving into that bachelor's pad. No way." Denise said shaking her head.

Kenny smiled, digging in his pocket. "I'm not asking you to. I'm asking you to move here."

Denise squinted her eyes looking at the paper Kenny dropped on the table. She smirked and opened the paper seeing a beautiful brick home. It featured 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, a loft, and outdoor swimming pool.

It wasn't anything too flashy, just the way she wanted it.

Denise didn't live a far distance from Kenny, but she lived over 3 hours away and during the season that was a commute that neither could commit to.

"Are you serious?" Denise smiled, looking up at Kenny.

He nodded and shrugged. "Why not? I know you don't wanna be unemployed, but you could get another job in the city. One you actually like."

The two shared a laugh as Denise continued looking at the picture of the house.

"So?"

"I'll move. I'll do it." Denise smiled, looking up at him.