Michael

They say you go to heaven when you die. Your soul leaves the world and drifts up to the sky, to the clouds, to a paradise. But I never wanted that. I didn't care if I went to heaven or not; I could have gone to Hell. I just wanted to be with you.

Gavin. I wish I told you what you meant to me, for you were the main reason I lived. I just forgot who I was when I was with you. I just wish I had more time to tell what I wanted to.

I would have told you what I meant to say when I first met you, but I couldn't. I guess maybe I was scared. But now, I wonder why I was scared because at least I would be able to say it.

I couldn't see the car that was about to crash into me. I couldn't see the blinding lights, racing toward me. Not even the look on the drunk driver as he realised his mistake. All I could see was, you.

Maybe that happens just before you die. Time seems to slow and you see the best thing in your life.

I wish I could tell you my thoughts, I wish I could write this down to you, like a letter so I could at least say that I told you what had been dragging me down.

I wonder if you would be sad. Would you cry? Would you smile? Would you break down and wish you could change fate? Would you forget?

Maybe I should have told you sooner because then I would be able to. But I will say it now.

Gavin, I love you.