Secrets of a College Girl

"I mean, no offense to my family or anything but i can't wait to get out of here! I have a feeling this year will be hella fun. I'm so excited!" I said to my friend Alyssa on the phone that night as i  rested between my head and shoulder.

 I brushed a coat of turquoise nail polish on my big toe. Thoughts of my soon to be life swirled around in my head. I was leaving for college in a few days, going to Missouri University(better known as Mizzou) and becoming a freshman all over again. Something about being cooped up in my room made it even harder to wait two whole days until leaving.

 "Yeah well, I'm just happy were doing this together. I can't believe were leaving home. Better yet, the state." Al said.

"Oh, were barely leaving Ilinois! Waterloo isn't that far from the state line." i said, moving onto my third toe.

"Ah, shit Deni, I have to go finish packing. Ma's orders. Love ya! talk to ya soon" she said before hanging up the phone.

I put down the reciever and finished my left toe nails. Dipping the brush into the turquoise bottle, I thought about packing the suitcase. I had already packed my school stuff and most of the dorm stuff. I just needed to pack clothes and makeup and stuff.

I sighed as I wonderded how hard this school year would be. I really didn't want too much stress. I was excited for college, sure. But the thought of it made me stressed.

All I could do now was wait and see.