Chapter 2

Stonestar woke up, the sun make his pelt glow but priced his eyes. He leaped out of the Tall Oak, the frosty grass was freezing on his paws. The fresh kill pile caught his eye, Almost empty, he thought. He didn't know what to do. The hunting patorls were out, at least 3. He shook the thought off. He padded around camp, observing his clan.
He looked at the apprentices.  Eagletail was training  Sparrowpaw with his littermate, Frostpool, who was training Treepaw.  Treepaw kicked Frostpool with all her power, making her rocket into the bushes, her pelt was covered with leaves.
Mintpaw, Duskclaw, Shadowclaw, Sunfern and Robinpaw were going in a border patorl.  The frosty wind made them shiver and their pelts blow elegantly.
Th padded to the medicine den, Cloudshine lay in pain from her stomach injury, Feathertalon was replacing the cobwebs. 
In the nursery the kits were in sleeping, except Flashkit and Lightkit.  Flashkit ran eagerly to see the leader, Lightkit walked more calmly and slowly.  Flashkit stalked th leader and pounced on him.  Stonestar shook her off.  She started to play with Stonestar's tail.  Stonestar hissed. Lightkit looked at him, she was a bit scared and confused.  "What's his problem?" She asked Flashkit. Shrugging, Flashkit shook it off and pounced on her sister.  Lightkit hissed and pinned her.  "You'll never win!" Lightkit mewed.  "Sure about that!" Flashkit mewed back kicking her into a tree.  Lightkit groaned. 
Stonestar walked away, he discussed kits.  He padded to the Elders den.  Mosstail was complaining to Robinpaw about her nest being wet.  Robinpaw padded out looking for more moss that wasn't covered in frost.  Stonestar looked at the apprentice she was 12 moons, I have to observe her training one day, she migh  e ready for her assessment, he thought. 
He was padding back to the fresh kill pile, he saw the small amount, he was small, frail and starving.  He knew it was against the warrior code to eat a vole.  He stomach rumbled, to him it felt like an earthquake.  He quickly snuck a vole and ran to the Tall Oak to eat it.
After finishing his vole he felt refreshed.  He purred.  He padded along camp, looking for anything he could do to help his clan. 
Lightkit was in the medicine den getting cobwebs around her head.  She looked at the medicine den in fascination.  When Feathertalon out herbs in her head she would ask what are they, and what do they do?  Her white pelt was blowing in the cold wind and her eyes were big with amazement. 
Stonestar padded away, and then sprinted past the nursery so no kit could bother him.  The warriors den had 3 cats, Wildfur, Beetlescar and Twigblossom, the warrior who attended the dawn patorl.  I couldn't imagine going on the dawn patorl in this weather, he thought shivering. 
He padded by the Elders den.  The elder asleep,  except for Riverclaw.  Riverclaw seemed depressed often, she was old and always complained about not having anything to live for not being able to hunt or go on border patorl.  Deep in Stonestar's small heart he felt sorrow for him.  But Stonestar shook off any emotion in his mind.
He padded around, nothing he could do.  He padded to his deputy, Eagletail.  Sparrowpaw was trying a badger attack.  Sparrowpaw leaped up and spun, then landed on Eagletail's back.  "Higher! And faster!" Eagletail mewed to his apprentice. Frostpool was training Treepaw, she saw Stonestar.  "Hey, Stonestar can you help me demonstrate a move?" Her soft mew pleased his ears.  "Sure!" He purred. 
They practiced the move carfully, finally Treepaw had her leap and twist perfect. Treepaw looked at the leader.  "Any good?" She panted.  "It's amazing, you'll be a warrior in not time!" Stonestar purred.  Treepaw purred back and her and Sparrowpaw curled their tails together on the way back.  Stonestar struggled to climb to his den in the Tall Oak with the bark crumbling.  He finally succeeded and slowly drifted into sleep.