Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight.

Trish had managed to get past the yetties and the elfs and run through the big doors of the globe room.

"North!" She panted as she burst through the door.

The guardians all looked up to the strange young girl who had flung herself into the room, interrupting an important meeting about Pitch.

"Trish? What are you doing here?" North asked.

He found it unusual that Hally had one of her helpers come to him.

"It's Hally.." Trish panted.

The cold winds in the north pole had been a lot rougher to what Trish had been used to. That and she hadn't spread her bat wings in awhile.

"What about Hally?" Jack asked quickly.

Jack rose too quickly causing him to get a few stares from his fellow guardians.

"She's given up. Halloween is over" Trish said sadly as she collapsed on the floor, scattering elfs around the place.

It all seemed to be too much for Trish as it all sunk in. No Halloween this year. No Halloween.

"Why Halloween.. why couldn't it be Christmas? Or Easter?"

"Hey!" Bunnymund exclaimed angrily as he glared at the young vampire with the pink stripes in her dark hair on the floor. "At least I don't look like an Easter egg mate"

Jack couldn't help but smirk at Bunnymund's statement. Trish seemed a hot pink mess. Hot pink shorts, hot pink boots, eyes, tank top, lips, hair. She seemed to bright to be a creature of the dark.

"Vampire's aren't meant to be so bright" Jack agreed smirking, forgetting all about Hally.

Trish looked up at Jack and Bunnymund from her spot on the floor with big hot pink eyes and said seriously.

"That's racist"

Both guardians looked to each other with huge eyes before looking back to Trish.

"Okay.. okay" North said as he picked Trish from the ground and stood her on her feet.

She hung her head and looked like she was going to fall to the ground again.

"We can fix this" he said.

"We can't" Trish said glumly. "Hallys in charge of the magic"

"But not in charge of ours" North said secretly. "Jack will go find Hally and bring her back while we get everything set for Halloween"

Trish snapped her head up and raised an eyebrow. She was silence for a few minutes before smiling.

"That could work.. you coming and helping. We can tell you what has to be done but I doubt Hally will come"

"Leave that to me" said Jack with a mischievous grin.

::::

Hally sat up in the trees surrounding the ice lake in Burgess. She leaned her head against the tree and sighed. It wouldn't be long now. Once all the children stop believing Hally will lose all her power and start to die.

I've had a nice run she thought as she watched the dark clouds darken for the night to arrive.

Hally sighed once more before she heard it. The sound of leaves breaking from branches above her. She looked up curiously but dropped her head as he landed beside her in a almost perfect position.

At first they sat in silence, Hally with her head down and Jack staring at the darkening sky.

"It's not too late you know.. you could save Halloween" he said without looking at her.