Chapter 5

"Sophie" Mr.Forkle said. I was back in my old home, coming home to find him waiting for me on my porch.

"Yeah, Mr. Forkle?" I asked, confused.

"Don't doubt your friends. Not now not ever. Because they will always come back for you if they are your true friends." He said, before walking off.

"But Mr. Forkle, I don't have any friends!" I called after my next door number.

"But you can!" He called before entering his house.

End Memory~

"I'm never going to see Keefe again!" I sobbed into Fitz's shoulder. I was ignoring the memory I just had.

"We'll get him back." Fitz assured me, rubbing my back soothingly.

We'll get him back. No matter what it takes. Fitz transmitted to her. There was a white speck in the sky, as well as a grey one.

FRIEND! KEEFE! FRIEND! I heard Silveny transmit.

Keefe's gone, Silveny. He ran off to stop the fire. I transmitted back. So the specks were the alicorns! The alicorns landed in front of the group of friends, and everybody around them stumbled back, surprised by the family.

Keefe! Keefe! Keefe! Keefe! SAFE! safe! Safe! Silveny persisted.

Mom! Mom! Mom safe! Grey fell added. Greyfell has never spoken to me through his mind, so the addition of his voice startled me enough to make me stumble into Biana's arms.

Keefe! Keefe Mom safe! Silveny pounded into my head.

Keefe is safe? His mom is safe? I said, excited.

SAFE!" Silveny loudly transmitted, whinnying as well. Dex took a step back as Silveny bucked. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two people pulling three more people, as well as a fourth reluctantly following. She recognized the six people as Mr. Forkle, Keefe, his mom, Fintan, Brant, and Alvar.

Fitz......Alvar! He got caught! And Brant! And Fintan! And Keefe's mom! I transmitted to my best friend.

Alvar! But he betrayed us. He's part of the group that kidnapped you, and tried to kill us. i-I-I don't trust him anymore. Fitz transmitted back.

Neither do I.

But hey, Keefe is safe.

Keefe is the one dragging Alvar. Forkle is dragging Brant and Fintan. What if. What if they burn Mr. Forkle? And just as I sent that, I heard Mr. Forkle yell out in pain, and Fintan and Brant frantically tried to escape, grabbing Keefe. I could feel the anger rising in my chest and I ran towards them, before sending out a wave of pain to inflict on the two pyrokinetic elves. They collapsed in pain, and then the council and their body guards surrounded them, handcuffing them and knocking them out. Keefe was still holding Alvar tightly, despite the burn-I could see it. They burned him. The council then turned to Alvar, and then to his parents, who had arrived.

"Handcuff him. He's no Vacker after joining the Neverseen." Alden said, his voice cold and showing no remorse or pity towards his eldest son.Biana let go of Dex's hand and grabbed Fitz's hand as the council handcuffed him. Keefe-no longer holding Alvar captive, looked at his mother in disgust but I could see there was a hint of love in there as well. She reached out to touch Keefe's shoulder, and he backed away. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him, and his mother scowled as he leaned into my hug and wrapped his arms around me gratefully.

"I did it for you, Keefe. I joined the Neverseen so they wouldn't harm you." Keefe's mother said quietly, looking at her only son.

"But yet the harmed me! They gave me this burn today, they harmed Sophie and Silveny! Do you know what it's like, having to grieve for a friend who's not even dead? Especially one that you're in love with! And it's all because of you and the Neverseen!" Keefe yelled at his mom.