/9/

Cameron's POV

"Do I know him?"

"Cameron! I'm going to say this one more time, stop asking questions!" Beth complains while putting makeup.

We're sitting in Beth's bathroom. She is at the counter putting on make-up, straightening or curling her hair, and getting all dressed up. She said she's going on a date. Of course, when she said that, I wanted to put a hole in the wall. I'm sitting on her toilet, watching her get ready.

I've known that girl my whole life. I've been in love with her for as long as I can remember. I remember when I was five years old. Our families were having dinner together. I told everyone I was going to marry Beth. She smiled and nodded. "Of course. Why wouldn't I marry you?" she responded.

"So let me get this straight. My best friend, who I've known forever, is going on a date. She won't tell me where, who she's going with, what they're doing, or anything else. Correct?" I ask her.

"Yup." she said, putting her earrings in.

"Why?" I ask her.

"Cameron. You're my best friend, and I love you but you don't understand." she tells me.

I love you. She said I love you.

I could tell her, "I love you," except I mean it in a different way.

haha. Beth is going on a date. Who do you think it is?