5: the feeling

love love love you guys for waiting this long for this update 💖😭 please vote & commenttt

// cries because selena is so cute & bc the chapter title isn't even the song I attached lolol

Recap

"This is different, Jess."

"How?"

I was desperate for answers and he wasn't giving any.

"What if I tell you a few possibilities and you give me some kind of movement or sign if that was what the meeting was about," I suggested.

He nodded, and his face remained expressionless.

"Was it about the movie?" Nothing.

"God forbid...a PR stunt?" Nothing.

"Photographer stuff?" Nothing.

What else could it have been about?

He was sensitive when Emily talked about Drive yesterday. Maybe it has something to do with the song? Or his voice -

No, it couldn't be...

"Was it about you singing?" I asked.

He became noticeably tense. I pushed on. Suddenly, the puzzle pieces started to match up in my head.

"Harry, was it a record deal?" I breathed.

Jess

I wasn't sure what answer I wanted to hear.

Either: "No, it wasn't a record deal. I love what I'm doing now. I've told you that."

Or: "Yes, it was a record deal. It's something I want to do, and I didn't tell you because..."

The "because" for whichever answer he chose, was going to be a huge fucking "because" if he couldn't tell me.

All of the signs pointed to him getting a record deal offer. He had a fantastic voice, and with some lessons, he could really be an amazing artist. Him featuring on one of the new tracks on my album could've been his turning point. Maybe he wants to be an artist now. I couldn't be mad at him for wanting that, could I?

His lips parted as soon as the question left my mouth. His eyes fixated more on the road and his posture relaxed against the seat.

He didn't have to say anything now. By his reaction, I knew the answer.

I leaned my head back on the headrest and looked out the window. His silence told me that he was either thinking about accepting the offer, or he already had. And...well, if he had, we'd both be looking at some messy outcomes.

Some amount of minutes passed, and neither of us had said anything.

"Did you accept it?" I asked a different question. I didn't make an effort to look at him. The only things that seemed to be relaxing me right then, were the massive palm trees that passed by.