6: views

YOU SHOULD COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW

//oKay, so beware that I've made up the festival name, an artist, as well as the line up. Just go along with all the technicalities in this chapter. (:

XTRA Music Festival, Oakdale, CA
June 8th, 2015
(10 days until album release)

Jess

I felt extremely sneaky.

Forget that, I felt like I had nuclear launch codes. I've never done something like this before.

I flew into a minor Los Angeles airport early this morning from Texas, since I had a show last night. I was completely undetected. There were no paparazzi, no fans, and no one knew I was in California, never mind Los Angeles.

I was a surprise guest in an extremely loaded line-up for the XTRA Music Festival. It was one of the top five best summer music festivals you could go to in the US. I was set to perform my set list of three songs starting at five o'clock.

That wasn't the only surprise, though. I was performing with an artist named, LEO, in his last song, "Take My Breath Away".

Harry was in the driver's seat as we rode to the venue. My fingers were intertwined with his as our hands rested in his lap.

These past few days have been insanely busy; packed full with interviews, appearances, and meetings - all leading up to my album release. This music festival would be the one chance at some fun that ultimately would give me some PR action, too.

On top of all that, I got to spend this time with Harry.

"Never mind I'll find someone like you...I wish nothing but the best for you, too...don't forget me! I beg! I remember you said..." Harry belted.

While it was obvious that he was trying to be funny, you couldn't deny the skill of his vocals.

"Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead," he sang in a false deep tone.

"Nothing compares, no worries or cares, regrets and mistakes they are memories made. Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?" I sang, trying not to laugh.

We sang the last parts of the song together and by the end, I was in fits of giggles.

Harry gave a long sigh, then took his hand from mine and placed it on my knee. "So, hot stuff. Who are we going to watch first?"

"I want to meet Kehlani," I replied.

"We're still going to watch James Bay, right?"

"Duh."

He squeezed my knee cap and I shrieked, pushing his hand away. "Stop doing that!"

"I want to meet Drake. Can we meet Drake?" He asked, oblivious to my outburst.

I smirked. "I knew you only liked me for my connections."

"Oh, no. You caught me," he said in playful tone.

I laughed, and brought his hand up to kiss his knuckles. "We have to take a picture later, okay?"

"It'd be an honor, Miss Steele."

His smile was contagious and I looked down at my free hand. I spotted the ring Harry had given me for my 19th birthday. Immediately, I thought of my parents.