15: progress and regress

I'm almost done with the events update—yes, I'm still writing it 😁

// who watches shameless?!?!?! I'm almost done with the series :///

Los Angeles, California
November 21st, 2015
1:15 AM

Jess

My fingers traced circles against Harry's bare chest. I wasn't quite sure what time it was, but it was late, and we were both falling in and out of sleep.

I was awake, while Harry was asleep, but then Harry started to stir after I began pressing my lips against his hot shoulder.

It felt like we were in our own little world. Like the media wasn't frantically trying to solve the "mystery" that was my kidnapping, or trying to find every little detail about Harry's emerging career.

The past week had been almost unbearable. I'd gone out in public a few times, with an entourage of security at an almost embarrassing size. It was suggested to Harry that he not travel with me to meetings because "it would only add fuel to the fire".

Today, November 21st, was a scheduled day off. Neither of us had a place to be, other than in each other's arms.

I could do this for the rest of my life.

I couldn't imagine waking up to an empty bed, or waking up to a life without him in it. We click so soundly, and we understood each other better than anyone. If soulmates were a real thing, then I believe 110% that Harry was mine, and I was Harry's.

I guess our relationship was also a timing thing.

He came into my life just as mine shattered into a million pieces then burst into flames. At the same time, he was getting over the death of a man whom he considered a second father.

We'd both been in dire need of love and stability, so, instantly, we'd clicked. Only, we no longer were in such a vulnerable state, and were in a much more adaptive mental state.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Harry mumbled something incoherently.

"What?"

He mumbled again, and this time, it sounded more like my name.

"Hm?"

His head shifted so his face was no longer buried in my hair. "Do you want kids?"

I was hardly surprised by his sudden all-serious question.

"Umm, yeah," I say, then add, "I know you do."

He breathes in deeply and places a long kiss on the side of my head. "Mmhm. So, let's go."

Suddenly, he was on top of me, attacking the side of my face and neck in kisses, moving down to my chest. I giggled uncontrollably and pushed him off of me.

"Not anytime soon!"

He flung his arm over my waist and rested his cheek against my chest so that my chin rested on top of his head. His hair tickled my face, and he smelled like warm vanilla.