Chapter Seven

My Mom left with Troy a few hours ago. It is now 11 something and I have my speaker on high and my lights off. I'm just laying in bed, since I guess I no longer have any plans. I kinda felt stood up. The other night when Chasen dropped me off he told me we were going on a date tonight. Me and my Mom were getting ready at the same time, and in her mind I'm on a date right now with Chasen, but he never showed up. 10 o'clock rolled around and I was starting to give up waiting for him, cause I had a feeling he wasn't gonna come. when 10:55 came I just said fuck it, he's not coming and took off my clothes. Wiped off my make up. Turned on my music and turned off my light. I made sure the house was locked up because my Mom said she was staying over at Troy's tonight so I'm gonna be all by myself tonight.

My feelings were hurt. I actually had more faith in Chasen than I had in my own Dad coming down to see me. But I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up so high huh?

My phone rang. I looked and rolled my eyes, but cracked a smile.

"What must you want at 11 something" I said looking out of my window at the moon that was shining pretty bright tonight.

"Me and little pretty thug wanted to know if you wanted to have a sleepover at your house."

"Armani...How you and Shakur gone volunteer my house for our sleepover functions?" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Angel bitch don't play with us." I heard Shakur say in the background.

"I don't care. Just make sure ya'll stop and get food and snacks cause I don't feel like cooking anything." I said getting up and turning on my light. Damn. I thought I was gone relax the rest of the night. Guess I was wrong.

"Alright boo give us 30 maybe 45 minutes." Armani said.

"Okay, I'm here." I said.

"Okay, love you" They both said then hung up.

I went to Pandora and put on Bryson Tiller station. His station is everything.

I started picking up around the house and I took out some blankets and put them in the living room. When we have sleepovers we just talk and listen to music. We don't have a TV in the living room but that's ok. We don't really watch TV like that anyway so we were cool. One of us just Bluetooth our phone to the speaker and listened to music and just vibe and talk about whatever came to mind, and ate, and dance, and sing, and act silly, and just let go and be ourselves with each other. When we're together we don't have any worries in the world we just say whatever, and do whatever we want or what comes to mind.

One time Shakur gave the bright ass idea to go swimming at like 1 in the morning and it was freezing cold outside. He was calling us punks and we ain't no punks so we did it and guess what... our asses was sick the next day for like a whole week. We were so mad at him back then, but now it's something we just sit back and laugh about.

I was hooking my phone up to the speaker in the living room when I heard someone honking. I knew it was Armani and Shakur so I went to open the door so they can just walk in. When I went to open the door it looked like a party was going on across the street in the driveway and kinda in the street. It wasn't a lot of people, but it wasn't just a couple of people either. It looked like people around my age.

'Oh so this is why he ditched me'

I thought to myself. I shrugged the whole situation off, but I still felt like he could have called or text and said he had to change the date or he didn't want to date me period. That would have saved me a lot of time today. I could have found something else to do, instead of sitting here waiting for him. He fuckin' stood me up. But you know what, Imma just let it go for right now.

I didn't look outside at everybody that was out there cause I didn't really care. I just cared about the people that invited themselves to my house. I turned Pandora back on and turned it up to the point where you might be able to hear it through the whole and maybe outside of the house too.

I had on black fluffy pajama shorts with pink and white hearts on them. A sports bra, a cami, and a black boondocks sweatshirt. I had the AC on in the house and it gets kinda cold so I put on my sweatshirts.I know I looked so unorganized with booty shorts and a sweater on but I mean it's like perfect balance in way. It wasn't as hot tonight as it was other nights so I could get off easily.

I put on my slippers while contemplating if I should go outside or not. Do I really want to run into Chasen or any of his family members. They probably won't even notice me with all the activities going on over there. I finished slipping on my slippers and walked outside. I took a glimpse at the people across the street then looked at Armani's car that was in the driveway next to mine. Shakur ran up to me and hugged me, picking me up. I don't know why I feel like I haven't seen these two fools in forever, but I know fore sure the time we spent away from each was taking a toll on me. We were so close that it was ridiculous, but we've been through a lot with each other, so being close is like second nature.

"I missed you Lee Lee. I can't stand Mani ass. She so annoying. Her ass stay talking, talking, talking. I be trynna catch breaks but her ass just don't let up" He said hugging me tighter not letting go.

"Shaaak... Move ya ass! I need my cuddle moment with my teddy angel." She said crossing her arms and leaning on one leg, acting like she had a attitude.

"Oooooooh I feel a little animosity coming from back yo way. I think she jealous Lee. I haven't even been here that long." Shakur said.

"Shakur if you don't move yo ass... Imma-"

"You gone do what. Pinch me."

"Imma kick you in the balls."

"Nooo not my precious babies. I actually do want to have babies one day Armani. You know what fine. You so inconsiderate. You can have her. But I'm sure if she could choose she would choose me to cuddle with, because I'm the best she'll ever have." He said letting me go and walking to the car to get the bags out of the car. It wasn't that many so he would probably take all of them in the house at once.

"I missed you A. I don't know why, but we missed you a lot. It felt like we haven't seen each other in a long time and Shakur is fucking annoying." He said. I felt loved. I really needed this and I appreciate them so much. It's like they know something is going on but they don't know.

When we were done hugging, I tried hard not to look at what was going on across the street. I didn't want to feel butt hurt about the situation, but I really wanted to go out with Chasen. He was smart and quiet in school so it's surprising to see that he has so many friends and some were familiar faces. I guess I was wrong to judge a book by its cover.