The Dreadful Message

As I make my way down the street, I can't help but look behind me. It's mostly out of habit than reassurance. I've lived way too long in the night to know that something is always behind you.

Nothing is ever as it seems.

It's sad really. People can be so gullible sometimes. They think nothing will hurt them. But it will. Sooner then they think too. Ignorance really is bliss. I wish I was still ignorant of the darkness of this world.

Children were on to something when they admit to their fear of the dark. They should've never let go of that fear. The night isn't peaceful nor beautiful. It's downright ugly and disturbing. The stars may be beautiful or magical. But that's about it. And if you are still afraid of the dark, you just might survive.

As I near my townhouse I spot a dark shadow near the bottom steps. Even though there is absolutely no discern able features about this shadow, I still know who exactly it is. 

Derek.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" I asked sarcastically with a sneer.

"I have a message from Him." He stated with a stupid smirk. This can't be good.

"Well I know where he can stick that message. Stop looking at me with that stupid smirk or I'll slap it off." I managed between gritted teeth.

"Just hear me out, you know I'm just the messenger." He informed ever so irritably.

"Fine, let's see what this is about." I said annoyed with clenched fists. My nails biting ever so slightly into my palms.

I walk slowly up the steps to my front door as slow as possibly as to prolong the time, and maybe to piss Derek off as much as possible. I know it worked when I heard an annoyed grunt from behind me.

When we finally make it to my door, I'm filled with dread. I really don't care for what he has to say. I get my key and slowly unlock the door. My door creeps open and I step inside. I gesture to the bearer of bad news to step inside as well. Once inside I shut the door and sigh deeply against the door. I finally turn and head towards the living room. I sit myself on the black leather lounge chair and get comfortable. This'll be good.

"Well, are you going to stand there like a fool all day? We do have more pressing matters to attend to." I mock intensely with a smirk. He finally sits on the matching leather couch across from me. Yet still doesn't speak.

"Well?' I prod, already getting irritated.

"Well fine then pushy, He , wants to arrange a meeting with you." He said cautiously after some time.

"No way, No how, Not ever. We've been through this already. How many times do I have to say no?" I almost yell. I can't believe He would try to do this again.  

"You do know that 'No' isn't in His vocabulary." He stated, almost, mechanically.

"Of course I know that! I've had to deal with him for long enough! I just don't get why it's me!" I yell, frustrated.

"Please, can do this just this once? He threatened to sick Andreas and Clancy on me if this didn't work! I will owe you big time!" Derek pleaded with his big brown eyes. How could he threaten Derek?! He is insufferable!

"How could he threaten you?! Ugh, fine, but you will owe me after this. Big time." I spoke, defeated. 

Why me?

"Time and place?" I questioned with a deep sigh. Oh, He definitely is gonna see the ugly side of me. 

"Tomorrow, at eleven, at The Cave, He said to dress up." He informed uncomfortably. Good, I thought. He should be with the news he just gave me.

The Cave is basically a night club slash restaurant, owned by Him. His subjects are the staff and 'promoters'. They lead unsuspecting people to this horrible place. It's all just sick, really.

"Oh I'll show him dressed up alright." I said with venom.

"Now is that all?" I asked, dearly hoping it was.

"Yes it is, sorry, please don't be too mad at me?" Derek informed almost pleadingly. Not this time Derek, this was too much.

"You can show yourself out can't you?" I asked coldly.

"Yes, but hear m-" He spoke but I cut him off before he could change my mind.

"Good. You do that." I dismissed him coldly. He rose and walked to exit the living room, he looked back at me apologetically before going to the door. I heard him open and shut it. I closed my eyes and scrubbed my face while sighing deeply.

This should be fun.

 ~~~~~~

Chapter numero dos!! Hope you liked it!! Comment, fan, ya'know!! Thanks for reading!! :D