Acceptance

I stirred and breathed in. My cheeks feel tight, and there's a dull throbbing in the back of my skull.

What happened last night?

My stomach then dropped, and my heartbeat quickened. The memories flooded my head, causing a whirlwind.

It can't be true, can it?

In my reverie, I didn't notice the steady, even, deep breathing of someone beside me. I finally peek open my eyes quickly and searching the dim room. Not much I can gather, since it's so dark, however, I take a cautious look at the stranger beside me.

I see the loose curls of blond hair, the rise and fall of a muscled chest, the light flutter of eyes lids.

Natas.

He looks so innocent, so normal. That's only the facade. I slowly and steadily slide his arm from around my waist and sit up against the headboard. I check to make sure he's still sleeping, he is. I inhale deeply and rest my head back against the headboard.

Why did I have to open my big mouth and say all of those things? My heart agrees with the decision I made, yet my brains against it. I mean I said I loved him, and that I forgave him for everything he did, but do I really?

I look to the right of me, and can't hold back the involuntary smile that spreads across the landscape of my face. Nor can I stop the fluttering in my chest, or the whirling sensation in my stomach. Honestly, I've never felt so alive in my entire life. It's fascinating that this man, being, can make me feel this way, every single time.

Should I try this? I think I should.

I look beside me and a mischievous smile works its way upon my mouth. I lift my hand a bring it down with force on his forehead, making a successful clapping sound. I can barely contain my laughter as he stirs and sits straight up, shocked. He searches the room and his eyes land on me, startled.

"What the fu--!" He begins to say but I cut him off with my laughter, he gives me a hard glare.

"What was that for?" He asks irritated, with a frown. I smile joyfully at him.

"To wake you up silly!" I exclaim loudly with a genuine smile. He raises an eyebrow questionably.

"Now come catch me!" I giggle and quickly untangle myself from the sheets and run as fast as I can to the door. He started to say something but am unable to catch it as I run out the door. I take a left down a long hallway, a really long hallway. I finally end up with a winding staircase to my right. I quickly, well as quickly as I can, I descend the stairs. After about ten minutes I plant my feet at the bottom of the steps and suck in lungfuls of air into my breathless lungs. I look around and spot huge double doors to my right, I make a run for it and end up in the biggest kitchen, I've seen so far.

I plot myself down on the stools connected to the gray granite top island in the center of the kitchen. My breathing evens out and my heartbeat becomes a normal rate, and wait. I don't hear a sound, and then suddenly out of literally nowhere a loud "BOO!" makes me scream loudly and jump out of my chair only to be caught by the one and only who scared me. My Natas.

~~~~~~~

I know it's short, I'm going to add more to it later on this week, but soon, I just can only write half for now. Remember, comment, vote, fan, all that jazz :))

Thanks for reading lovlies!!