The Cave

I stretch out my limbs from being unused for so long. I hear all the appropriate cracks and pops of my joints. I throw my warm comforter off me and slither out of bed. I stand and crack my back, and rejoice at the relief it gives me.

I find the clock that usually sits on my bedside table, missing. Strange, but I've seen stranger. Realizing it's a lost cause, I shuffle to the stairs and thunder down them.

Once I reach the kitchen I search for the time on the unused microwave above the stove. I find the time to be 5:45, staring back at me in neon green characters. The suns just about to set. I sigh and roll my eyes at the meeting I have to attend today. I turn to leave the kitchen when my stomach grumbles, asking for food.

Might as well eat, since, I'm already here.

I go towards the cupboards in search of some substance to relieve the growling in my stomach. I find some generic cereal and put it down on the granite island. I then search for a bowl, spoon, and milk. I then sit down at the island and eat my breakfast while watching the sunset out of the kitchen window. Once my hunger is satiated, I put my used bowl in the sink and head out of the kitchen.

As I trudge up the stairs, I scoff to myself at the ridiculousness of the situation, I'd never thought I'd be in. I would've laughed in the persons face who told me where I was going to end up.

I really wish I would've gotten some warning.

Once I reach my room, I slither back into my silk sheets and warm comforter and sigh.

I only have a few hours to ready 'till I meet up with Him. I scoff loudly and decide against it, I'll get ready at the last minute. I decide to kill some time with television.

                                                                              ~~

After hours of mindless television, I decide to turn it off and start to get ready.

I begrudgingly slide out of the comfort of my bed and head to the bathroom to shower. I strip and turn on the shower to as hot as it could go. I soak in the relief as the hot water dances across my back and down my body. The relief is short-lived when i realize the time.

I grab the closest towel and step out. I step towards the mirror and rub the fog off until i can clearly see myself staring back at me. I don't even recognize myself anymore.

I glance upon my drenched auburn hair and dark brown eyes. My high cheek bones with a slight flush to them and my full lips. I look at my small nose and pale skin. I don't see me anymore.

My auburn hair no longer has the orange and blond highlights it used to have. My dark brown eyes no long sparkle with humor and mischief. With life. My skin no longer has a lovely tan like it used to from living in the night for so long.

What has He done to me?

I shook off the negative thought and walk out of my bathroom towards my closet. I open up my closet and ponder the clothing choices I have before me.

I finally decide on a little black dress that fluffs out, and reaches mid-thigh. I slip it on and use the towel to wrap around my hair to dry. I look around for some high heels, when I finally find the perfect ones and step out of my closet, and once again head to the bathroom.

I decide on the smokey eye look, I do want to look decent.

After I'm done, I take the towel off and start to curl my now dry hair that reaches above my waist.

I slip on my stilettos that make my legs look killer. They also make me feel taller than my normal normal height of 5'3''.

I grab my clutch and put 'useful' items inside. I walk down the stairs and head straight for the door. I grab my coat and close and lock my door.