✦chapter 2✦

|Jacks POV|
|2 weeks later|

"Where you off to Johnson?" I asked as he was getting dressed.

"Yesenia wants to go out," Johnson said as he slid on his shirt.

Yesenia is Johnson's girlfriend, they've been together for a year now. She has wavy dark brown hair that falls just below her shoulders and has hazel eyes. She's 5'3" or 5'4" which is why I call her 'shorty' I also call her Jessie because it's close to her name and she's Mexican.

I'm happy for Johnson and all, but I miss having him to myself sometimes, now he has to make time for his girl too. Which I'm perfectly fine with don't get me wrong! I just hate being alone.

"Could I tag along?" I asked.

"G, no offense bro but she only wants it to be us tonight. You've been hanging with us a lot lately. You need a girlfriend bro." Johnson laughed as he touched up his hair.

"Fine," I signed.

"Why don't you hang out with that new girl next door? Octavia right? You seemed to be hitting it off with her." Johnson said.

"She's normally out around this time." I shrugged.

"That sounds kind of stalkerish G," Johnson laughed.

"Yeahhh, it kind of does now that I think about it." I laughed.

"I'm sure you'll find something to do," Johnson said as we walked out of his room and into the living room.

My phone started ringing right when Johnson said that.

"Looks like you've got something to do now." Johnson chuckled.

I looked at my phone to see that Sarah, Isabelle's mom, was calling me. She and my mom are really good friends and now that her youngest daughter, Kate, moved out of the house to go to college a year ago I tend to keep her company. Which I don't mind, I'm kind of the closest thing she has to Isabelle ever since she was kidnapped.

"It's just Isabelle's mom," I said as I plopped on the couch and answered the call.

"Hey Mrs.H, what's up?" I asked.

"Your mom and dad are over so is Kate, so just wanted to know if you wanted to stop by for dinner. If you aren't busy of course." She said.

"I'm not busy at all actually, and I'm actually very hungry." I chuckled.

"Okay, well can you bring some drinks? Your dad forgot them." She laughed.

"Yeah, sure thing I'll stop by the store on the way," I said.

"Okay, well I'll see you in a few Jack."

"See you in a few Mrs.H" I hanged up as I stood from the couch.

"Going over to Isabelles?" Johnson asked.

Even though Isabelle isn't there anymore and we have no clue what happened to her, we still refer to her house as 'Isabelle's house'. Johnson never met Isabelle, but I told him enough about her that he feels like he knew her.

"Yeah, dinner with her parents, my parents and Kate is over," I said as I walked over to my room.

"Alright, well I'm going to head out, see ya later tonight," Johnson said as I heard him grab his keys.

"Bye," I said loud enough for him to hear.

Once I heard the door shut I stripped out of my clothes and made my way into the shower. I took a quick shower and changed into my tan Don't Be The Same hoodie with a green shirt underneath, my Adidas sweats and my black and white high top vans.