THE NEW KID

(Okay! Be aware I haven't done much spell correct on this. Also please comment and favorite or exc. How else will I know people are reading. I'll post more once I have five comments at least so please comment if you want more.)

The day was like any other normal day. That is for a kid with the world's biggest secret... I stepped outside and hopped in my car Toothless, glowing blue wheels spinning and leaving black marks on the drive way. Then again the whole driveway was pretty much black from previous marks. I pull into the school to see the usual gang of people who park by me. My gang, the Dragon Racers, parked and got out.

First was Astrid, I had a crush on her at one point but she quickly shot that down with a big no, my best friend that's a girl. She wore the typical rocker style. Only three rings. Two in the typical place, matching ear lobe rings, and one in her lip. She always wore black jackets. Sometimes showing her shirt sometimes not and she always had a skirt and her long knee high biker boots. She got out of her Blizzard Blue 1957 Cadillac with pimped up gold glowing lights that ran beautiful designs over the hood, doors, and trunk. Don't be fooled by the old car body. Under the hood was a powerful engine. Trust me, I put it there. She named the speedy car Stormfly.

After that came out Snotlout. Or at least that's what we call him. I don't know his real name, even though he's my cousin. He seemed like the jock type... but... not only is the weather here to crazy for typical sports, but snot's a little too dumb to understand the strategy behind the games. He was a plump teen. Not fat but large enough that he was heavy. He had muscles to make up for it though. He was the typical annoying type. The type where they're almost a bully but they have sweet spots. And let's just say I found a few seeing as we were raised so close.

He typically tired to do the rocker style to impress Astrid but she's not amused. Snotlout drives a huge black truck with red markings all over it's hood doors and of course dual Wheel axle. He called the Ram Truck 3500 Red Truck, Hookfang. And while I normally would disprove of a big bulky truck in a group of racers not only does Snot handle hookfang to the best it can but he's used the tow on the front to help us in a number of occasions.

Seeing my cousin and my childhood crush slightly brightened my day. That is until I saw the twins.... Oh god! They came racing in and oh lord if I didn't cry I was going to scream. So I did... "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY WORK?!" I scream making people look as the twins hop out of there matching cars.

The twins... they aren't stoners but they dressed like them beiny caps on loose t shirts and skinny jeans. They hop out and high five laughing as they step away from the green cars.

They.... Ugh.... The base was fine but the paint was a mess and the glass for the gold lights were scratched and painted on in bright pink or blue just like the rest of the Toxic Green matching Duraflex 107129 cars. "what have you done?" I sigh holding my head with my finger and thumb on my temples.

"oh yeah Ruff and I thought it would be like a good idea to put our names on them so we can tell who's car is who's..." Tuffnut laughs and nudges his sister. Ruffnut and Tuffnut. They look a lot alike. Long blonde hair so light it verged on white. Tuffnut, the male, kept his hair long and dangling like his sister. Ruffnut, the female, had her hair slightly different to make her stand out from her brother, she had braids in her hair. Kind of. It's like a braid in a knot.

"no... that's not good for the car..." I sigh and Astrid laughs softly walking over and gently patting my shoulder.

"it's okay I'll help you work on it after school." she offers politely, and by that she means she'll watch me do work and talk to me.

You see. We are racers we do racing for sport. It's the only fun in this town. That's why it's become a secretly "legal" thing to do. We hold races every night on the old part of the ranch where the dirt isn't fertile any more. Buckle and Mark (bucket and Mulch), the two brother who live there, love racing, and let us go around the slowly developing track for practice. But the street races take place at midnight where the sidewalks are blocked off for miles and roads too for us to actually score and challenge.