THE RACE

This was it. The final moment. Toothless reved a little trying to move faster. I held back letting up on the gas a little Toothless slowed and purred as his engine cooled a little in the slight rest the wheels still spinning with coasting. Jackson and I had been neck and neck. Well at least for the common speed I used. Toothless still had a whole ¼th speed to go. But that's not what I had planned. This street. This track. I knew it by heart. I could race with my eyes closed if it wasn't that I didn't know what to expect from Jackson. So instead of driving with my eyes on the road I watched Jackson in the mirror.

He was reckless and fast. No fear of death like I had. He was care free. Not looking over his shoulder at every turn. He drove well. With natural skill. Skill that you can only be born with, or learn through many, many, many, years of experience. Perhaps his father was a racer? Either way Jackson would glide with each attempt to pass me.

The end grew near and I knew it was now or never. Taking a deep breath I let off the gas completely. If I crossed I crossed, if Jackson passed me.... I'd be free.

A screech came by and I knew;

It was finally over.

I pulled over and watched as everyone freaked out over the new King. I felt relief wash over me like a hurricane. Then it dryer up as Astrid comes to talk to me. I tell her that I planned this. That I knew what I was doing...

That was a lie.

I had no idea where this was going. All I knew was that I wouldn't do it any more. I was free. And just in time.

I walk away from Astrid to talk to Jackson leaving her as she huffed annoyed with me.

"hey Jackson!" I call his attention and he looks over and grins pointing at me for a moment and then he starts his way through the crowd.

"I won! Awesome!" his words made me roll my eyes.

"yeah yeah... now let's get out of here." I chuckle and the twins run up.

"yeah man! Loser buys dinner!" Tuff cheers and high fives his sister.

Jackson chuckles "you guys eat this late at night?"

I shrug and nod "yeah I mean we're always up this late..."

He chuckles and looks around a little. "well alright where are we going?"

I smile and start to head back to toothless his lights glowing in the dark softly. "just follow us." I say softly and climb in. Astrid gets in and so do the others. Jackson watches us a little and then hops in to follow us.

We race down the street keeping a faintly usual line of cars. Jackson didn't know the usual ruteine so he kinda threw us off but he got the hang of it soon enough.

We pull into the fast food lot and park. Jackson hops out turning off his engine and we kept ours running. I hop out and stop him by grabbing his shoulder. I was shocked. He actually had a little more muscle then I expected! He turns and looks at me and I'm a little to stunned by his shoulder to notice. He shifts a little and calls my name. "oh right sorry... um... Loser buys dinner is a little more literal and tradition. We pool our money and the Loser has to go in and deal with Dagur.... Today that's me." I shrug a little and Jackson sighs.

He heads back to his car and I walk around to the others taking anything they offer and I come back to jackson. While we normally have a few tens or fives or ones Jackson slaps a 20 in my hands and all I can do is make a rediculious sound making him chuckle.

"what not good enough?" I couldn't help but laugh as I walk through the doors inside the building.

I order the usual and something for Jackson. Dagur was not happy to say the least and glared at me the entire time he made our food like a slither snake of evil. I had to watch closely to make sure he didn't poison us or something. As tricky as Dagur was I don't think he would try to kill us. I think he just really hates his job...

I take the food out and deliver it to the others handing over Jackson's meal and we all put our cars into gear driving around and coming together. Jackson watches us as we make a circle around his car all our hoods together. We get our and get on the hoods all of us careful on our own cars. We lay back looking at the stars and slowly Jackson joins us. It doesn't take long for the others and Astrid to start talking about the good old days. And even through he wasn't there Jackson was interested and having fun. His laugh was beautiful... full and strong...

"hey can I confess something to you guys?" Jackson asked softly. I perk up and as do the others we all lean in wondering if he knew... if he knew the secret...

If he knew what could all have us locked up by the military.

If he knew the truth about our cars....

If he knew about Pitch....

Be sure to comment for more! I'll be trying to update soon but I'm a little tired schools been hard and my phone sucks but that's all I have so hang in there with me! Please favorite and share to get more comments and sooner Updates!!!