Chapter 7: Rough Day

I finally got back to Shizuo's apartment. The man himself wasn't home. I checked the time on my phone. It was getting kind of late. I guess I should make dinner. But first I should check the fridge. I opened the door. There was pretty much nothing in there but milk, water bottles, eggs, butter, etc. Shizuo sure loved his dairy products.

Oka~ay. I sighed and looked through the cabinets and drawers as last resort. Medicine, utensils, dishes, instant noodles, cereal, and a few ingredients for cooking. Not enough to cook something though.

"Oh come on!" Did I have to go to the grocery store? Come to think of it, Shizuo was eating ramen for breakfast earlier. Was it because he didn't have anything else? I pulled out my phone.

➥To: Shizuo

Looked in the kitchen for food and found nothing. What do you even eat?

➥Shizuo

Sorry. Usually just eat fast food or at restaurants. If you're hungry there's cup ramen in the cabinets.

➥Shizuo

But don't touch the yakisoba noodles.

➥To: Shizuo

Hai hai, okaasan.

➥Shizuo

On second thought, buy your own damn food.

Wow. Shizuo seemed really angry. I kept that in mind so that I wouldn't pester him when he got home. He definitely wasn't mad at me. I felt like he was projecting his anger onto me. Something must have happened at work. I mean, with a job like his, bad things were bound to happen. And for Shizuo, those bad things could make him lose it.

I'll definitely be grocery shopping tomorrow, I thought as I opened the cabinet with the instant noodles. I scanned them all. The yakisoba really looks tempting ... nah. Nothing else appealed to me., not even the ramen. I love ramen. I frowned. Maybe it was Shizuo's last text that was affecting me.

"He doesn't mean it." I told myself. "But...maybe I should order delivery..."

_____________________ ♂♀_____________________

Chatroom Guide:

≺≻Hikaru. Username: Natsumi

[ ] Celty. Username: Setton

【】 Mikado. Username: Tarou Tanaka

《》Izaya. Username: Kanra

_____________________ ♂♀_____________________

―NATSUMI HAS ENTERED THE CHAT―

―KANRA HAS ENTERED THE CHAT―

≺What's up guys?≻

《Hiya everyone! It's Kanra~!》

【Good evening, Natsumi. Kanra.】

[Hello.]

≺You guys were talking about the Dollars right?≻

【Yeah.】

《They exist. They even have their own home page!》

《But you need a login and password to see it.》

[I have no interest in seeing it anyways.]

【Wow, Kanra. You really do know everything.】

《It's all I'm good for, lol.》

【Oh yeah! I saw Izaya and Shizuo fighting today.】

[Really?]