Chapter 9: Just Hanging Out

I didn't remember falling asleep or even walking into my own room, but that's where I woke up. I was still in my clothes from yesterday, so it was a natural assumption that Shizuo had carried me to my room. I smiled a little. I thought he'd just leave me on the couch.

My phone buzzed and I frowned. It was still in my pocket?

➥Tanaka

Is Shizuo okay?

➥To: Tanaka

He's fine. His head needed stitches, but the doctor said everything else looked okay.

➥Tanaka

That's good. He can have the morning off to recover a little, but I'll need him back at 1pm.

➥To: Tanaka

Ok

I felt a little gross from wearing the same clothes as yesterday, so I showered and put on some fresh clothes. I slid on my jacket and walked about of the room to find Shizuo.

The said blond was in the kitchen, pulling a cup of instant noodles from the cabinet. My eyes widened and I quickly ran up behind him and grabbed it out of his hands.

"Oh no you don't!"

Shizuo let out a surprisingly loud yell. "H-Haru! Heart attack!"

"Sorry, but you're not eating instant ramen for breakfast again." I said.

"Why not?"

I sighed. This guy... "Just get dressed. We're going out to eat."

"Huh?"

We ate breakfast at an inexpensive restaurant. After that, we sort of wandered around Ikebukuro. Luckily nobody tried to attack me or Shizuo and Izaya didn't show his face the whole time. Shizuo left to go meet with Tanaka and I was left standing in the park with nothing to do.

All of a sudden, my phone rang. Huh. That's convenient. I glanced at the caller ID, but there was no name, only a number. I picked it up anyways. "Hello?"

"Haru?"

Huh. It must be one of my friends. Or Izaya. That guy has his ways.

"Er. Yeah. Who is this?"

"You don't recognize my voice, princess? I'm hurt."

"Oh. It's you." I chuckled. "Didn't I tell you to stop it with that nickname?"

Kida ignored me. "That's right! The Masaomi Kida has called you to ask you out on a date!"

I choked on nothing. "W-what?!"

"Kida, what are you doing!" I heard Mikado exclaim. "Don't say stuff like that!"

There was a lot of noise on the other end.

"Stop it Mikado, I was just joking around. Right. Um. What I meant to say was 'please come hang out with us'." Kida said.

"Yeah...Sure. Um...right now?"

"Yes!"

"Ok. Where do you want to meet?"

"Oh don't worry about that. We've already got that covered."

"Huh?"

Just then, I heard yelling.

"Princess!"

I turned around to see Kida waving his arms and yelling. Mikado looked like he was trying to stop Kida from drawing attention, and Anri just waved shyly from behind them.