Heart Monitor

"Remember the plan?" Derek asked.

I gave him a look. "I know what I need to do, Derek. I'm not stupid."

Derek nodded before leaving. I was suppose to stay hidden. We decided that we were gonna teach Scott, right now. I began to hear feet running around the parking lot. Then, I heard some of the car alarms going off, good tactic Scott. Everything was going great...until his phone rang.

"No. No, stop," Scott said. The next thing I hear was the sound of his body being slammed.

"You're dead," I hear Derek. Their footsteps were coming towards me as they continued talking.

"What - what the hell was that?" Scott asked.

"Said we were gonna teach you. Didn't say when," Derek said.

"We?"

I took that as my cue. I began running towards them. When they were close enough I grabbed Scott by the back of his neck, flipped him over, and slammed him to the floor.

"Better check your surroundings, McCall," I smirked at him.

"Mina, what the hell?!" He yelled as he got up. "You guys scared the crap out of me."

"Not yet," Derek and I said as we walked.

"Ok, but I was fast right?" He asked Derek.

"Not fast enough."

"But - but the car alarm thing, that was smart right?"

"It was. Until your rang," I told him.

"Yeah, but that was, I mean, would you guys stop." Derek and I turned to him. "What happened the other night, Stiles' dad almost getting hurt, that was my fault. I should have been there to do something. I need you both to teach me how to control this."

I sighed. "Look, Scott, Derek and I are what we are because of birth. You were bitten. Teaching someone who was bitten takes time." I looked at Derek and he gave me a nod to tell him the rest. "I don't - we don't even know if we can teach you."

"What do I have to do?" He asked.

Derek talked. "You have to get rid of distractions. You see this?" Derek showed Scott the phone call he missed...from Allison. "This is why I caught you. You want us to teach you? Get rid of her."

"Why, just because of her family?" Scott asked. Derek showed the phone one more time before he threw it and it breaks, while Scott yelled. "Wait, wait, woah, woah!"

"You getting angry?" I asked. "Good, because that's your first lesson. You want to learn how to control this, how to shift, you do it through anger, by tapping into a primal animal rage."

"And you can't do that with her around," Derek finished.

"I can get angry," Scott said with a glare.

"Not angry enough. This is the only way that we can teach you. Now, can you stay away from her? At least until after the full moon?" Derek asked.

"If that's what it takes."

"Tell me this, Scott. Do you want to live? Do you want to protect your friends? Yes or no?" I questioned.

"Yes. If you guys can teach me, I can stay away from her."

I waited till Scott was gone before I turned to Derek. "You think he's gonna stay away?"

"No. Not at all."

》》》》

Derek told me this morning about going after Scott at his house last night. The alpha decided to make a special appearance and left a spiral on Scott's car. Scott asked Derek what the spiral meant and he didn't. Derek told me, before I left, to not tell Scott the meaning behind it. I was walking down the hallway and spotted Scott mumbling something about staying away from Allison. I rolled my eyes, walked up to him, and without a word I grabbed the back of his backpack and dragged him to his class.