Wolf's Bane

"Mina, slow the hell down, you'll kill us!" Scott yelled from the back seat.

Derek got a lead on the alpha and went to track him. I was driving his car, with Kate Argent following after us. Scott and Stiles were in the back seat holding on for their lives. Hey, they didn't have to come.

"McCall, I don't think you understand the concept of a high speed chase. If I slow down that bitch will kill us. So, how about you stop being a back seat driver and shut the hell up!" I growled.

Stiles was looking through the back window. "Ok, this is not the time for arguing. Can you two get along for five minutes, please?"

"Oh, Stilinski, you know that's not going to happen," I said.

"Mina, I get it. You hate me. But, can you forget about that right now? How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?" Scott asked.

"You never said sorry, not even once. The reason you're not dead right now is because we need you."

The sheriff began talking on the police radio and said how the suspect, aka Derek, was heading towards Iron Works. So much for laying low. I shifted the gear and made a rough turn and sped over.

I can see Argent shooting at Derek and I opened the door so he could get in. As soon as Derek made it into the car I sped out of there.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott scolded him.

Derek hits the dashboard. "Damn it, I had him!"

Stiles poked his head in between the front seats. "Who, the alpha?"

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the freakin' police showed up."

Stiles tried to defend his dad. "Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs -"

Derek interrupted and glared at Scott. "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state."

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it," Scott said.

"No, you don't. You just made everything more difficult!" I yelled.

"All right. How did you find him?" Stiles asked.

Derek didn't say anything.

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asked.

Stiles put his head back in the front seats. "Yeah, all of us." Derek was glaring at him. I would be too if I wasn't driving. "Or just Mina. I'll be back here."

"Just tell them. You wanted him involved in the first place," I said.

Derek rolled his eyes but compiled. "Look the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

"Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles asked.

"No, the other Harris," I stated sarcastically.

"Why him?" Scott asked.

Derek sighed. "We don't know yet."

"What's the second?"

Derek took a piece of paper out of his pocket. "Some kind of symbol." With the look on Scott's face, he knew what it was. "What? You know what this is?"

"I've seen it on a necklace. Allison's necklace."

Of course.

》》》》

Scott, Stiles, and I were in the hallway thinking of ways to get the necklace.

"This is gonna be impossible, you know," Scott said.