Lunatic

"Welcome to our home, Mina," Sheriff said when he opened the door.

I didn't say anything. The whole ride here only two things, more like two people, were on my mind. Derek and Stiles.

Derek's dead. I can't believe he's dead.  It seemed like it was just yesterday we were playing cops and robbers with Laura. It would be me and Laura as cops and Derek the robber. When I would fall, he was there to pick me up. He's the reason I'm able to pull myself together. He tells me toughen up. He pushes me to be better, to do better. He looks out for me, we look out for each other. He's the reason I'm able to control my inner wolf. He was my anchor.

Now, Stiles... I really can't explain. In the beginning I would see him as this annoying-weird-spastic kid. He gives me this plush wolf and I start to feel warm.

I threw the balloons and the bear away, but when I saw that plush laying beside my bed I couldn't bring myself into trashing it

I threw the balloons and the bear away, but when I saw that plush laying beside my bed I couldn't bring myself into trashing it. I kept it since. Derek asked about it, but I ignored him. Whenever I looked at that thing my chest would begin to flutter. But I always pushed that feeling away, I still do. Then that moment at the school. The alpha's roar made me want to kill everyone. Stiles knew I could easily kill him, but that didn't stop him. He helped pull me back.

"Sorry, but I've got to head back to work," The sheriff said. I snapped out of my thoughts. "But make yourself comfortable."

"Thanks, Sheriff," I said.

"You don't have to call me that here."

"Thanks, Mr. Stilinski."

He gave me a warm smile before he looked at his son. "You sleep on the couch and no funny business while I'm gone."

Stiles' face was getting flustered. "Dad."

"And I mean it, no funny business. I don't want to have grand-"

He didn't get to finish because Stiles rushed him out the door. "Ok, Dad. You should - should be getting to work. Have fun. Go find Derek. See you in the morning." Then closed the door. He turns around and scratches the back of his neck nervously.

"Um, sorry about that," He said.

I made my way over to the couch. "It's fine."

He stood there awkwardly for a moment. He looked a bit nervous, which I don't understand why. It was his idea that I stay here.

"Do you want anything at all? Li - like maybe some food or water?" He asked.

"No."

He walked over and sat down on the other side of the couch. "How are you, by the way?" I glared the him. My brother's dead and framed for murder, the alpha's on the loose, and he's asking me how I'm doing. "Right, dumb question."

I sighed. "Stiles, all I want to do right now is sleep and have this day be over already."

He nodded his head and got up. I lay myself down on the couch.