Chapter 2:

"I don't know what to tell you Ash? It just seem that the egg is a fast hatcher. There no way to find out why it's going hatch so quickly," said Professor Oak. I have had this egg for 3 day now. I'm still sad about Pikachu but looking at my egg, it puts a smile on my face. But still it shouldn't be hatching so soon. Pikachu has been gone for almost a week. "At this rate it's going to hatch on your birthday Ash."

"Really? It just 3 days away," I said.

"Well the egg is going to hatch then and when it does. You will raise Pikachu's child as a trainer," said Professor Oak.

"Professer... (sigh) I already told you that I'm quitting being a trainer. Without Pikachu I just can't do it anymore," I said.

"But Ash... do you think that would make Pikachu happy," ask Oak.

"No... but she would want me to move on. But continue to be a trainer, I will always think of Pikachu. So I will never move on," I said. I then took the egg and started walk home. As I was stepping out of the lab, I saw one of my friends Bulbasar. He was sitting there, almost like he was waiting for me. "Hey Bulbasar why are you here?" His only response was his name. He looked a bit sad but at the same time he looks glad. "Hey soon this egg will hatch soon and we will have a new friend," I said in happy but sad tone.

I have many friends and each day since I came back from Pokemon Tower. They have tried to cheer me up. It's been really nice to have them close too me. If it wasn't for my pokemon, I would have been in depression. But seeing them all the time is another to quite being a trainer.

"I'm not leaving anymore on journeys Bulbasar. I will always be here," I said to my friend.

"So you really are not going out on a journey anymore," said a male voice. I look up and saw Brock at the gate.

"Brock what are you doing here," I asked.

"I came because I heard about Pikachu. But I couldn't come soon since I was all away Hoenn studying medicine," said Brock. I'm shocked to see him here.

"How did you know about Pikachu," I asked.

"Tracey told Misty and she told me. She went to your house to see if your there," he replied. Right on cue, Misty was running down the path.

"ASH," she yelled. She stop at the gate and out of breath.

"Hi Misty, I haven’t seen you since last year," I stated.

"Ash... I heard about... Pikachu... from Tracey," she said still trying to catch her breath. I look at both of them. It seem they were really worry about me. Also sad about Pikachu. Since Pikachu was there friend too.

"I see... they he told you guys anything else," I asked them both.

"YEAH! WHAT'S THIS I HEAR THAT YOU ARE QUITING BEING A TRANIER," Misty asked and yelled at me.

"Besides that, nope. He didn't tell us anything else," said Brock calmer then Misty.

"It's seem that Pikachu left me a Pokemon egg. Before her's passing," I said to them. Both of them looked at the egg in my hands. They were surprises. "But that's not all. It seem that it well hatch the day of my birthday." They were still in awe, until I heard Brock speakes.

"I guess... this is her present to you," he said.

"...Ash...," said Misty in a melancholy tone. Right then the egg started to glow once again. All of us were staring at the egg for a whole minute while it was glowing.

"But Ash I thought that Pikachu... you know... 5 days ago," asked Brock.

"That's right. If she left that egg the day of her passing. Then why is it glowing like that? It doesn't make sence," said Misty.

"I don't know. Professor Oak said that it is going to hatch on my 14th birthday," I said.

"That soon but it's just a few day's away," said Misty.

"Yeah but it's going to hatch no matter what," I said. We all headed to my house and then eat lunch that my mom made. We talked and catch up to what we been up too.

"Well it seems that my sisters are trying to be trainers again," said Misty with a somewhat mad tone.

"Why are you annoyed with that," asked Brock. "I thought thay way you can have time for you're self now?"

"Well yeah... but the thing is that if they take my place while I'm away. They well take it serious at first but then they well get borad right away," said Misty.

"Oh... like the first time when I went to the Cerulean Gym. They were giving away the bages. We're they," I asked.

"Yup and I would hate to see that again. So I don't think I can trust them," said Misty. "So Brock what's new with you huh?"

"Well I'm still studying to be a doctor," said Brock.

"You told me that you were at Hoenn right? Tell me have you seen May and Max when you were over there," I asked.

"Yeah and they seem doing okay," said Brock.

"She still trying doing her best in contests," I asked.

"Yup and Max will soon turn 10. So he will have he's first Pokemon," said Brock.

"I wonder what he is going to pick," I said.

"Wait what are the Hoenn starters," asked Misty.

"Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip are the starters of Hoenn," I said.

"That's right and he told me he wanted a Treecko first," said Brock. Then my walked in the kitchen with Mr. Mime right behide her.

"Ash sweetie, Nurse Joy called and ask if you can take the egg to Pewter City Pokemon Center since the Pokemon Center in Viridian City is going under construction," said my mom.

"Do they what to know why it's going to hatch soon," I asked.

"I think so," my mom said.

"You guys are tried, so I won't asked you to come. So just stay here and rest up okay," I said to Brock and Misty. I really didn't let them say anything since I was on my way to my room. The trip to Pewter City is a night trip. I really had to pack a sleeping bag and some food. Then I remember that I also need to bring my Pokemon too. 'Now that I think about it. It feels like I'm going on an journey,' I thought. I packed for the trip and walked to the door. I yell bye to my mom and friends and opened the door. But at the other side I saw 3 of my Pokemon friends. Bulbasar, Oshawott and Swellow on my yard.

"Ash wait... oh my," said my mom when she saw my Pokemon's.

"Hey why are your Pokemon's doing here," asked Misty.

"They must be here to cheer Ash up," said Brock. I was planning to go to Professor Oak and take some of my Pokemon with me. They are already here. 

"That and Professor Oak must have sent them here. Look their PokeBalls are with them," said my mom. She was right, their PokeBalls were right there.

"So you guys want to come with me to Pewter," I asked my friends. They nodded their heads. "Okay then," I said while  picking up their PokeBalls. "Bulbasar, Oshawott, and Swellow return." They return and I was off. I said bye once again to my mom and friends. Then I went out of Pallet Town. 

~The Next Day~  

"I'm sorry to tell you Ash. But it's still a mystery as why it's hatching so soon," said Nurse Joy. It seem that there is no way to find out why it's hatching so soon. Pokemon egg take at least 2 mouths for it to hatch. But this egg is taking 8 days. That's not normal.

"Okay... Thank you anywa," I said and left the Pokemon Center. As I was walking out of Pewter City. I saw a Pokemon battle going on.

"Now Scyther use X-Scissor," yell one of the trainers to his Pokemon. But the other Pokemon moved out of the way.

"To bad. That looked like it could have cause some damage. Clefable use Flamethrower," yelled a trainer as her Pokemon used that moved. Scyther tried to move but it was hit and lost. The winner was the girl trainer. The match was over and I went on. Well at least I tried to. But someone grab my shoulders and I look behind me and to my surprise it was Gary.

"G-G-Gary!? W-what are you doing here," I asked.