Chapter 3:

“G-G-Gary!? W-what are you doing here,” I asked shocked. The last time I saw him was 2 years ago and you can say we didn’t get along then. Gary grew tried of being a Pokemon researcher. Professor Oak told me that Gary said he missed his days of a Pokemon Trainer, so he went back as a trainer. I can still remember that day.

Flash Back:

            “Oh well Pikachu when didn’t win the Pokemon League but we made it far so that’s something to be proud about right,” I asked my best friend. All she did was say her name and nod. Right now her and I are on are way back home to Kanto. At the rate we’re going we will get to the nearest port town in two days. As we were walking we heard an explosion. It sound really closes by. “I think we should investigate.” I headed to the explosion and what I found was a Lairon on the ground looking weak. I didn’t know what’s going on, but then I saw a Poke ball hitting the iron armor Pokemon. Once it was in the Poke ball, it was soon captured. “I wonder whose Pokemon this belongs too now?”

            “That would be mine now,” said a familiar voice. I looked at the direction of the voice and I was surprise.

            “Gary? It’s you,” I said.

            “Well of course it’s me. Who else you know with this face? Like for real,” said in somewhat of a stuck up voice.

            “What are you doing here? Are you researching something,” I asked.

            “No I’m here to compete for the Pokemon League,” he said with pride in his voice. I was shock to hear that. What happen to him wanting to be a researcher?

            “But what happen to being a researcher? Also it’s over. It ended just a couple of days ago, in fact that were I’m coming back. I manage-,” I talking in a happy tone but then I was interrupted by Gary.

            “I don’t care of you and I know it’s over,” Gary said in an annoyed tone. “Do you really think that I wouldn’t know that? I see that you’re the same as always. So clueless.” He ended that sentence with a laugh. I was kinda hurt with his words, it sounded like he was all those years ago. No wait it exactly how he was back then. But I thought he mature from that Gary that used to be mean to me and try to put me down.

            “Gary are you alright,” I asked him as I was getting closer to him. I was about to put my hand on his shoulder. But Gary swats my hand away before that happen. He hit my hand away with much force then necessary. “Ow that hurt.”

            “Bo-ho, what ever I’m leaving. I got what I wanted and now I’m out of here. There’s no point staying here any longer then I should,” he walked pasted me and without even saying farewell he vanished. I heard Pikachu’s sound and I looked down at her. She looked sad at me and then she look at the direction where Gary went.

            “I don’t what that’s about. I thought that Gary wasn’t like that no more. I thought he change but he seem that is not the case,” I said with a touch of hurt that I didn’t know why it was there. Pikachu and I started our walk again to the near port town. Once there I called Pro Oak. “Hello Professor Oak it’s me Ash.”

            “Why hello there,” he said in a happy tone. “Are you on your way home?”

            “Yes. Oh! Before I forget I saw Gary here,” I said.

            “Oh, yeah my grandson wants to be a trainer again. He said he missed those days and so he went back to it,” said the professor.

            “I see,” was all I could say about that. We then started to talk about other things and then before I knew it my boat was here. I said farewell to Professor Oak and went to the boat.

End of Flash Back

            “Well it’s nice to see you too Ashy Boy,” said Gary in a sarcastic voice. I was really not in the mood for this mean Gary. “What got nothing to say?” I just turn away and started to walk away. I barely walked a few steps and then in a blink of an eye Pikachu’s egg was out of my hand. It was now in Gary’s hands. I tried to get it back but he just shoved me really hard. So hard, that I fell on the ground. “Well looked at that you got a Poke egg.”

            “GAVE THAT BACK,” I shouted at him. All he did was look at me and then at he egg. He was holding it in one hand. Then he started to bounce it in his one hand. “DON’T! STOP THAT! PLEASE!”

            “You know, I like when you beg,” Gary said with a smirk.

            “Please Gary give it back. Please,” I didn’t care that I might sound pathetic, that egg was the last thing I had to Pikachu. I’ll do anything to keep it safe.

“What would you do if I won’t give it back? Tell me that,” he said.

“Please,” I said almost in tears. Right then the egg started to glow again.

“Hmmm, it’s going to hatch. Maybe I should keep it and it will be my Pokemon,” Gary said. I thought Gary was how he was all those years ago but now I know, that he’s worse.