Chapter Four

For the rest of the day, Joshua was having a mental breakdown as to why the heck he would say such a thing to Jeonghan. "What the heck is wrong with me?" He whispered to himself, lightly tugging on his hair. He was too absorbed in his own world to notice other students leave the classroom. He finally got his head back into reality when the classroom was empty.

He rapidly got up, rushing, putting his things together messily, pieces off paper sticking out from his pile of things. He left the classroom, as even the teacher was no longer there. He walked out, rushing so fast he bumped into a couple of people. He mumbled sorry's and even stopped once to make sure the girl was okay. He left her blushing as he only had Jeonghan in mind.

He made it to the gates, students evacuating. He looked around to see a specific male but he couldn't find him. He even ran into his own friends who tried to convince him into going out with them. Joshua stubbornly denied them, saying he was waiting for someone. They whistled at him as they left, laughing their butts off. Joshua could only shake his head in response, still looking for Jeonghan. Soon, everyone was gone. Everyone was gone, including Jeonghan's friends.

"There is no way he passed me," Joshua said in English, disappointment clear in his voice. He frowned, playing with his uniform's sleeves, making sweater paws with them. Then he stopped, realizing that was only right or cute when it was done by Wonwoo and only Wonwoo. "Jisoo?" He suddenly heard his named being called, so he turned around. The only thing he hadn't done. There stood Jeonghan, eight feet away.

Jeonghan walked towards Joshua, a grin on his face. His shoelaces untied once more. "Jeonghan," Joshua flashed a smile, walking closer to his elder, "your shoelaces." Jeonghan looked down, blushing. He was about to crouch down to tie them until he was stopped. Now Joshua was close to him, and held on to his hand. "I'll tie them for you," the boy offered, smiling even more. Jeonghan didn't say anything, so Joshua took it as an okay.

As Joshua tied Jeonghan's shoelaces, the elder of the two, was having a heart attack. 'Oh my fudge, he's so effin' close,' Jeonghan thought. Jeonghan wanted to crouch down with Jisoo, and kiss him. Play it off cool and say it was a 'thank you' gift. But Jeonghan was not that confident. Plus, the little amount of confidence he had, began slipping away as Joshua rose back up, still as close as before. One step closer, they're be nose on nose. Two steps closers their chests would touch. Three steps closer and their lips would meet. Jeonghan turned even redder (if possible) from the simple thought.

"Jeonghan, I have something to tell you." Jeonghan wanted to reply something super cool. Like, 'so tell me babe.' But instead he gulped down saliva and nodded his head. He was as stiff as a pole, which was the exact opposite of what he wanted to be. He wanted to seem comfortable, as if maybe that would make both of them comfortable. Then Jeonghan began panicking that maybe the atmosphere was awkward and he was either not realizing it or was subconsciously making it worst.

"I like you." Jeonghan's head rose up as fast as a dog's those when their owner returns home. Jeonghan's eyes widened and he had a shocked expression in his face. "What do you mean? As friends or . . . ?" He trailed off his sentence, waiting for a reply back from Joshua. Joshua shook his head, a nervous laugh leaving him.

"I like you more than that. If possible I would like to take you out on a date. You see, I've liked you for quite some time now and-" Jeonghan put his hand up, gesturing for Joshua to stop. His eyes were watery as he was pinching himself only to realize he was not dreaming. This was actually happening. The guy he always admired from afar was confessing to him! This was such a big deal to him.

"Why are you crying? I'm sorry, does this disgust you? I didn't think it would since your friends are basically gays," Joshua said nervously, scratching the back of his head. Jeonghan shook his head violently, afraid he was giving off that vibe. "No! You can't hate gays if you are gay," Jeonghan admitted sheepishly, finally making eye contact with Joshua.

Joshua's head tilted in confusion. "Than what's the issue?" Jeonghan shook his head, trying to say there was no issue. "There isn't one. I'm crying because I like you too, silly." That was it. All emotions broke loose as Joshua began jumping in happiness, asking questions like "really?" or "for how long?" repeatedly. Jeonghan could only laugh, as he was crying. Until finally, everything just stopped.

Joshua came close and wrapped his arms around Jeonghan. Jeonghan stopped weeping, taking in Joshua's scent. He smelt good, a combination of mint and laundry detergent. Joshua backed up a bit so he could see Jeonghan's face. He crouched down a bit in order to attach his lips to the other's. The act was sudden so Jeonghan was a bit frozen at first. But soon Jeonghan reacted and began kissing Joshua back gently. As he began kissing Joshua back, Joshua was finally able to stand straight once more, but not without keeping his lips attached to Jeonghan's.

Gentle.

That is exactly how their kiss was. Almost as if, if Joshua pressed a little harder Jeonghan's lip would bruise. Their lips moved in sync though, and they fit nicely with the other. Jeonghan's breath was sweet, as he had been eating ice cream earlier. And of course, Joshua's breath was minty. He had been chewing gum a period before. Oddly enough, it was a nice combination.

They pulled away when they realized that just because a kiss was gentle, it did not mean you would not get out of breath. "That was nice," Jeonghan commented, a small smile on his face. Joshua nodded, still embracing the boy. "I don't think I like you anymore Jeonghan," Joshua said, his voice as serious as ever. Jeonghan's smile fell, replaced by a frown. "I think I love you Yoon Jeonghan," Joshua quickly said, hugging Jeonghan tighter. They stood there, embracing the other and there was nothing more beautiful out there that day.

All Rights Reserved © 2016 animenbands

Edited September 1st, 2016