Prologue

4 July, 2011

"I love ice lollies! Thank you Jake!"
I said taking the raspberry ice lolly from him.

It was a hot summer day.

We were sitting outside his house on the bench licking our lollies.

"I know you love them" Jake said giving me a toothless smile.

My elder sister Tiffany was inside the Hunts' house.

Jake's elder brother Ethan and my sister had been dating since past two years which gave me and Jake more reasons to hang out.

"How can you do that to me!"
I heard my sister screaming as she rushed out of the house.
Something had to be very wrong because she had never behaved this way.
Her beautiful face was tear streaked.

"I'm sorry but this had to be done"
I heard Ethan say behind her.

Without a backward glance she ran across the road wiping her tears, not looking left and right as my kindergarten teacher had told me to do before crossing a road.
I would scold her when we get home. I smiled thinking how she would pucker her lower lip and make a puppy face to seek my forgiveness, as if I could stay mad at her for more than ten seconds. I loved her so dearly. We both had the sweetest bond two sisters could have.

"Stop Tiff!" I screamed with all my might.

I heard mad screech of the car tyres and horn and glass shattering.

Tiffany lay on the ground.

I ran over to her dropping my lolly.

Her angelic face was tear soaked and her body bent at odd angles.

"Tiff!"
I said laying her head in my lap.

Her blue top was soaked red.

"Chrissy! I'm so sorry... I broke the left n right rule... Do you forgive me?"
She asked me in soft voice.

"I'll do anything.... Please don't leave me" I said on the verge of crying.

"Tell mom and dad I love them....
Be a good brave girl... And never trust a Hunt....Will you? Promise me?"
She said in a strained voice.

"Promise"
I whispered hugging her tight.

My white dress soaked red in her blood. She had bought it for me on my 12th birthday.

She then closed her blue eyes. Her body became still. Her face serene like mother's.

The ambulance arrived a minute later. But it was too late to save her.
She was gone.......