New Life

Welcome guys! So first one is obviously going to be an AU cause I find those kind of fun. So enjoy!

Marinette dropped the last box in her apartment. She'd just moved to America, a long way from Paris. The schoolgirl had moved for a better life, a more "educational" life. Here in America she learned that there were massive colleges that taught a million different things. Paris had similar things but nothing could compare to the vast, open school yard that she'd notice the second she arrived.

A phone buzzed against the bed sheets as Marinette cut to her phone. The room was small, the apartment the man said was supposed to be close to campus and still roomy, considering she had a roommate. Marinette didn't complain, she liked the idea of having someone to share her new experience with.

"A text from Alya?" She looked at her phone and squinted from the bright light. The text read: Hope you land safe!

Marinette giggled and replied quickly with a: I did, thank you mom.

The girl stretched herself out and walked around, scoping the place out. There was a living room to the right of the front door and a kitchen on the left. The kitchen was quiet big and even provided a fridge.

The living room consisted of two couches and a small, tubular t.v. There was a coffee table and a drinking glass slid to the side. Marinette guessed her roommate had already settled in. She wondered what she would be like.

Marinette walked past the room to the hallway directly across the front door. It was a tight hallway and opened up to three room lined symmetrically apart from each other. The room on the left was cracked open slightly and Marinette's curiosity swirled her head as she opened the door, slowly. A green bed filled the back wallpaper with posters of bands she heard were from the USA. The dresser had a picture of a cat and random pictures of this one guy. Marinette didn't dwell to long and closed the door. Her roommate must have a boyfriend.

The next room was the bathroom which can leave the last room to be Marientte's room. It was empty but the bed she had ported to here along with her dresser and desk.

Marinette rolled up her sleeves and grabbed her box. She lifted it with her knee and stumbled to her new room. The girl made it all the way to her bed before she dropped the box, not because of weight but because of a black cat that scampered across her room and into her roommates abode. She gasped and watched as it squeezed past the crack and disappeared. Marinette had been told that there was no pets aloud in the apartment, but she was no better either.

As soon as the cat skittered away Marinette's dog, Tikki, jumped from her purse on the couch and ran to Marientte's aid. Marinette patted her dogs' head and went back to arranging things.

Marinette successfully set up her room in two hours and went to take a shower. She slid along the floor of the wooden apartment and lifted a towel over her shoulder. The bathroom was soon filled with steam and rose to the top of the bathroom mirror. The now condescended mirror let water droplets race each other while Marinette striped her clothes and plunged into the source of the heat. Her body relaxed with the warm water pounding small fists against her back as she sunk deeper into her shower. Technically she was a foreigner who still didn't have any new friends in America. It was going to take awhile but Marinette was determined to finish her studies here and make new friends. She had even thought about raising a family here. Sadly that idea was impossible, Marinette came for education. Her family had given her enough to be on a plan; the plan only allowing her to be prepaid so she could stay for four years of college and then go back home to Europe.

The girl sighed as she ran soap between her fingers and laced them through her hair. The soap felt amazing after a long day of traveling and remodeling. Marinette scrubbed her body to get ride of the dirt and splashed water on her face.