The Girl with the Umbrella

Adrien sighed as another person sped down the street, splashing water everywhere. He was waiting patiently on his driver to arrive, but there wasn't anyone around. The boy had pulled out his phone to contact his only escape goat he had-his driver.

Being Paris's favorite son, Adrien Agreste was always punctual and practical. He has lost his punctual and now losing practical as the three rings cut short and went stay right to voice mail.

The boy sighed and pulled his hoodie up tighter around his face. The shirt was a dark black with a green paw in the center, for his own amusement there was wires in the hood that made him have the appearance of cat ears. He fixed his eyes on a now moving car running down the streets, only to pass him and get his shoes drenched in the cold rain water.

Adrien's father was the world renowned fashion designer and model. When he had a child, her decided to put him in a shoot almost every week, much to that child's dismay.

A flash of red was caught from the corner of Adrien's eye, and then, the rain stopped. A girl, around his age, stood with a pika dotted umbrella and a matching rain jacket. Her boots sparkled with the same design which flared out her long legs. The midnight haired girl captivated huge, sapphire eyes that matches the image of a goddess. She was short, just short enough so that her boyfriend could lean down and kiss her. Adrien got discouraged at the last thought and gestures at the umbrella.

"You looked cold and wet." Her voice was a creamy rich tone that soothed Adrien of his problems.

"But, uh, your leaning it towards me more." Adrien tipped the umbrella so it was even between them.  The girl smiled and stood alongside him, beaming from ear to ear.

"Are you a fan?" Adrien groaned.

"A fan?"

"Yeah, like of me?" Adrien raised a brow, confused if this girl was really a fan or not. He didn't like people  swarming him for autographs and pictures, he liked the people but after a while it could get annoying. Adrien loved to meet new people but some are greedy and only use him for fame or bragging rights. In this way, he's never truly had a friend.

"Why would I be a fan of you?" She scrunched her nose in disguise thinking this guy only thinks of himself highly.

"Of my magigone?"

"You have a magazine?" The girl wailed and poured seeing as she didn't know who he was. The embarrassed girl apologized for not knowing who he was, sort of distastlfully making remarks about him.

"I'm sorry, I'm just knew here. I didn't-"

"Woah, it's cool. I'm glad your not a fan, you can get tired of those." Adrien chuckled and scratched the back of his neck.

"I'm Marinette Cheng." She outstretched the arm that wasn't holding the pole of the umbrella.

"Adrien Agreste." He winked and took the hand extended to him. It was soft and small and, oddly, Adrien wanted to cuddle it.

Marinette looked up to the sky and dropped the umbrella. There was a rainbow along the sky, resembling a sea of colors. Her eyes reflected the magical bridge in the sky that made Adrien chuckle. The rain has stopped and left its treasure among the sky, seeping the moment into Adrien's mind.

"Mind if I get your number?" Marinette raised her eyebrow. "Maybe, I could show you around Paris someday." He nervously asked. Marinette smiled at the shivering boy and picked up her phone. They exchanged numbers as a black limo screeched to a stop in front of them.

"That's my ride..." Adrien grumbled. He waved his goodbye and entered the dark car.

Adrien popped his buckle into place and watched the reflection of the girl through the tinted glass. Marinette picked up her umbrella and swung it over her shoulder, waving and skipping away.