17

We were all hiding in the trees watching Jake and Michelle. Even Mark was smiling at the sight. We had been following them as quietly as we could as they walked along the shoreline of the lake, and had nearly been caught multiple times. It was adorable watching them. 

Of course, a wild tree root had to just appear into the world and trip Jake, making him fall into the shallow waters of the waves from the sparkling lake. Michelle was laughing loudly, and it was all we could do to not laugh. Thankfully, Michelle and Jake splashing and laughing in the shallow water covered our snickers. At this point, we were getting impatient, and Anthony threw a stick at Jake's head. It bounced off, incurring more snickering and laughter. Michelle, of course, questioned why the hell a random stick came flying out of the forest and onto Jake's head, but he quickly regained her attention by poking her leg while kneeling in the water. She looked at him, and her eyes widened, and she stumbled back, nearly falling over in the water.

Not that it would matter, they were both practically soaking wet at this point.

He pulled out the little box and opened it to her. We had to cover our ears from how loud and high pitched her scream of excitement was. He somehow managed to mumble out a "Will you marry me, love?" before the ring was on her finger and she tackled him in joy.

Naturally, there was a loud splash and they both were now completely drenched. We fled to the camp as soon as they started moving towards us and barely managed to have caught our breaths by the time they arrived.

"You look positively drenched," Haven smiled.

"Yeah, we were playing in the lake. He proposed to me," Michelle grinned. She looked slightly pained, as though her muscles were hurting from smiling and laughing so much.

"Do we even have other clothes they can wear?" Mark inquired. We sat in silence.

"I... don't know. Um. Hey, Michelle, Jake, you guys try to dry off and warm up by the fire. We'll go buy some clothes," I announced. Haven got Jake's sizes while I got Michelle's, and after a bit of an argument resulting in Michelle making us use her money to pay, Haven and I were off.

At the store, we walked around, making fun of each other's sense of style as we tried picking out clothes that would look good together.

"You can't put a red plaid on pants with that many patterns and colors on them, Haven," I laughed.

"This is tame considering some of the 'fashion' I've seen on some runways," he replied.

"Pfft. Doesn't mean you have to strive towards it," I scoffed jokingly. We got Jake's clothes after a small ice age then went to the women's section. After a few minutes of rummaging, Haven poked my shoulder. I looked at him and felt my face flush.

"Do you think this'll work? I think Jake would love this," Haven snickered. He stood there holding very skimpy lingerie.

"Haven!" I exclaimed. "P-put that back before someone sees you!" He laughed and did so, and I went back to picking something, though, in my fluster, I just picked random stuff that looked good.

"You know, you're kinda cute when you're flustered," Haven remarked casually. I felt my face flush more.

"S-shut up."

------

By the time we returned, Anthony and the kids were all gone. Michelle and Jake only remained, sitting in just their underclothes and their pants, their shirts hanging on a tree by the fire.

"We're back. Where's Anthony and the kids?" I asked. "And Mark?"

"They're off exploring the woods. They left not too long ago but they'll be back before dark," Jake replied. "Mark went off to get firewood." I nodded and handed the plastic bag with Michelle's clothes to Michelle, and Haven the same to Jake. They hurried off to a tent, handing their wet clothes to us so they didn't end up in the dirt or getting the inside of the tent too wet. I hung the last of her wet clothes on the tree.