Chapter 52: "I'm Yours."

Braden's pov:

(skipping ahead)

It's been exactly one month since I asked Kelly to be my girlfriend.

It's been perfect.

We go on a date every weekend and have the time of our lives.

Last week, I took her to the amusement park. We went on almost every ride.

While on one of the roller coasters, Kelly passed out from dizziness and I took a picture of her. When she regained consciousness a few seconds later, I showed her the picture and we both cracked up. It's good how she can laugh at herself like that, how she isn't insecure. She's confident in who she is, and I love that.

I love her.

Well now it's our 1 month anniversary and I have the perfect gift for my Kel-Bel. I ordered it last weekend and it just came today. Perfect timing.

I climb out of the shower and look at the time.

6:56 pm

Kelly wants me at her house by 7, so I hurry up and pull on my joggers, my jacket and slip on my shoes.

I run out the door, present in hand and ring Kelly's doorbell.

I'm struggling to hold up this present and I can't hide it so as soon as she opens the door, she's gonna know what it is.

The knob turns and standing before me is my beautiful girlfriend, in shock.

"BRADEN!! Oh my god! I love it!" She takes the giant teddy bear from my hands and hugs it. "How'd you know I wanted a cuddle bear?" She asks, pulling me inside.

"Every girl does. And this way, you have Teddy here to cuddle with when I'm not around." I smile and she blushes.

"Well thank you B, I love you so much." She sets the bear down on the couch and jumps into my arms.

"You only deserve the best, my love." I say kissing her cheek.

"Braden, you are the best I could ever have." She hugs me tighter and presses her lips to mine.

How did I ever get so lucky?

I set her down and she sits on the couch next to her giant teddy bear. I sit next to her and put my arm across her back and rest it on her waist.

"Let's watch a movie." Kelly suggests.

"What movie?"

"You pick this time."

"Grown Ups?" I ask.

"Sure B. I love that movie." She laughs and gets up to grab the DVD.

She puts it in and hits play. Then she comes back over and cuddles into my arms.

"I got you a present too." She whispers.

"Oh yeah? Well I don't need one. You're the greatest gift I could ever receive." I kiss the top of her head and she giggles.