Pt.5

Sometimes it feels like the world's on my shoulders Everyone's leaning on me Cos sometimes it feels like the world's almost over But then she come back to me

Katie was asleep. I gently kissed her forehead, getting ready to sleep myself. I hummed along to the song ringing through my head. All of a sudden, my voice wasn't the only thing humming. I sat up a bit. My heart stopped. My insecurities could eat me alive. Lights were blinding me. A huge truck was out of control. And it was heading for us. It all makes sense when i look into her eyes. The song didn't stop. I instantly pulled Katie close, just as we were hit. Joe was thrown from his driver's seat. Instant death. The guy Mike was thrown into the back, and wasn't breathing very visibly. Lee flew out of the bus, landing in the wheat. Only one other instant death, Lucas. Metal crushed him. Katie and I, still hugging each other, screaming, also flew out. She landed on me, though. Metal and glass was flying everywhere. But Katy was hit. Glass stabbed her stomach, not going very deep. But still. I instantly froze, and picked her up to run. My bag still at my side. I ran, to Lee. She was gone. Katie started crying, telling her mommy to wake up. I suddenly kneeled beside her, screaming at Lee to wake up, too. Glass stabbed my back, heated metal skimming it and leaving burnt skin. I cradled Katy, as she slowly bled. I layed her down to be comfortable, and ran to grab her bag. I found it surprisingly, along with my guitar. When I came back, I got out my guitar, and started playing. Playing to Moments by One Direction. She realised the song and smiled.

"It's going to be okay..." She gurgled as I sang the lyrics. I trembled and couldn't stand thinking how God could dare try to take Katy's life. I finally finished. I grabbed Katy's hand, and held her close again.

"Stay awake Katie, you can't leave me. Don't...just...stay. I won't let anyone hurt you.." I managed to choke out before crying again.

"Do you think I'd ever marry Lou?" She said randomly. I grinned.

"Only if you keep fighting. Okay?" I murmured into her hair. Her breathing was rapid, slowing heartbeat. I was bleeding rapidly too, and was instantly dizzy.

"Brooke?" Katie screamed as I fell over, and she just curled up against me. My life was playing behind my eyelids as Moments continued to string out in my head. As I felt myself fall, I made a joke of it all. No more pain. No more hurt. No more Kellin, Harmony, Lee, Katy. Now Katy would stay a precious gem, never be burned or scarred. Kellin wouldn't worry of me. Harmony could find a better best friend. My life flashed through my head. Being fourteen, hating my mom. Losing my dad. Having my first love. Meeting Kellin. Just, everything. Like watching a preview of my life from 3rd person point of view. And then it hit. I wasn't dead yet. Yet.

Neither is Katy. She is okay... My brain reminded me. I fought off the drag of Death. Everything got heavy. But it was for Katy...for Kellin.