⏩Ch#3⏪

April's POV

I smiled to myself thinking about the events of last night. I felt good and fresh.

After I took bath and ate breakfast, I started to read the rest of my novel.

I loved romantic novels. 

As i come to the part where the hero was proposing the love of his life, i could help but wonder.

Did Edward have a girlfriend?

What if he is just using me for some purpose? 

Yet i couldn't help but wonder, why would he pass time with me?

He is a vampire and he is so beautiful and handsome.

I am not even that beautiful, of course he would  just  be using me. 

I felt water on my cheeks. Is it raining? 

 I looked up, only to see the ceiling of my room. It wasn't the rain. 

I was crying.

Why does this always happen to me? I thought as I started crying harder, remembering my first boyfriend.

You are just a worthless piece of shit! Why don't you dieYou are just a weight on earth, He would say.

I tried many times to forget his harsh words, but I couldn't get them out of my mind, its like they were buried deep inside my head. He is right in way, I am of no use. Everyone just uses me and throw me away like a garbage. 

 I'll reject him today, I decided. 

I washed my face and went outside to take some fresh air. I was feeling like I am going to die in my apartment. I always felt at home when I am with the trees, so I went to the nearest park and sat down at my usual place near a pound under a large old tree. Birds were chirping, singing and enjoying their life. 

Animals are far better than humans in taking care of each other and caring about feelings.

I once read, if a baby monkeys parents die, other monkeys take them as their kids. Here in human world, no one cares about each other. But not everyone is the same. This world also have many good and noble people. We need more people like them. I want-

My phone started to ring , snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, April" May said

"Hi, May." I said throwing a stone into the river, producing waves from the blow.

"Where ya at girl? I am standing outside of your apartment? We have to complete our project today." she said in a single breath.

"May breathe, I am coming just wait. " I said smiling to myself. I heaved a sigh and stood up from the ground.

After grabbing coffee for myself  I went to my apartment. I saw her standing against a wall , messaging, probably talking to her boyfriend.

"Hey, here" I said, passing her coffee .

"Thanks." she smiled, taking a sip from her cup.

I opened the door and we both went inside. We sat down in living room and proceeded to complete the project.  I was getting zoned out again and again.