Chapter 1

Chapter 1-          

9:45 pm. I roll over and slowly sighed, 9:46 pm. I turned back to the TV that was blasting some advertisement for a hearing aid. I flipped through the channels searching for something to watch, 9:50. What’s the point in finding something to watch now? I turn off the TV and am walk towards my kitchen when I hear giggles coming from outside. Looking over at the clock I saw that it was finally 10pm, the time I’d been dreading all night. It was a Friday so of course he would be coming home with a girl tonight. Grabbing my phone and keys and walked to the back door. Guess I’m staying over Nikki’s house tonight. Quickly dialing I prayed that she’d answer.

“Hey Nik! Can I stay over?” I asked as soon as I knew she answered.

“I’ve been expecting your call,” she responds in a creepy voice. “But I told you yesterday that I was leaving for Vermont for winter vacation today.” She says back in normal peppy voice.

 “Seriously I can’t go home now though. I will die!” I yell. I hope no one heard that because I'm sure I sounded pretty crazy.

“Sorry babe.”

“UGGGGH. I guess I’ll call Sara then. Have fun.” I don’t want to ruin her trip with my whining.

 “Oh ya, a week stuck with just my parents. This is going to be a blast!” Nikki answered with fake enthusiasm before hanging up.

 I start walking down my driveway toward my car, when I notice someone just sitting in a car across the street. I start to squint my eyes to make out the person’s face but the car speeds away. Wow, that was weird.

 In school Monday I was bored out of my mind. The rest of my vacation was pretty uneventful expect for the fact that I pretty much lived at Sara’s house. Sarah and Nikki were the only ones who knew that Jake was my brother. We had been best friends since the 1st grade so it was hard not to tell them and of course they also would have probably figured it out themselves if I didn’t. I was busy staring out the window of my chemistry class when a paper landed on my desk. I look around but everyone seemed as bored and unfocused as I was. Who could this even be from? I don’t talk to anyone in this class. I open the note and read, in very bad hand writing, “I know your secret. And I think everyone else deserves to know too. Why not just tell them before I do. You’ll get more action that way anyways.” I look around again but I have no idea who could have written this. Judging by the hand writing it looked like a boy. And seriously “you’ll get more action that way anyways,” are you kidding me. This is one of the reasons why I didn’t want people to know, because they’d assume I’d sleep with anyone and everyone too. Well that’s not going to happen. And neither is people finding out my secret. Now who could it be from? Eliminating the girls I was left with 9 suspects. Let’s see, 2 goody goodies, 4 football players, 1 new kid, 1 straight up jerk, and 1 bad boy that stays to himself. Okay now it’s down to 5 people. I easily eliminated the 2 goody goodies and 2 of the football player. The 2 football players were my brothers best friends and have known for about 7 years. So now the final 5. Before I had a chance to observe them more the bell rang and everyone got up and rushed out. Just my luck!     

The bell rang signaling the start of lunch and I ran towards my locker ditching my books. I wonder if Jake got the note too. Probably not, no one messed with Jake. Well maybe Jake would have an idea of who could know. Then he could yell at them to shut up about it since everyone listened to him, he was the captain of the football team after all. I smiled at that. Lost in the thought of Jake beating up everyone I hate I walked directly into a wall.

“Ow.” I muttered rubbing my head. Who the hell puts a wall in the middle of a hallway?

“Watch it slut.” Okay since when could walls talk? Weird whenever I pictured a wall talking I didn’t suspect it to say such rude things. Wait, what am I saying walls don’t talk! I looked up and saw who else but Drake Knight aka the biggest asshole to ever live. Remember that bad boy who stays to himself? The one in my chemistry? Part of the final 5 suspects? Yup, that was him. I was about to open my mouth for a comeback when he just pushed me into a locker and walked away. Did I mention he was an asshole?