Chapter 2

Chapter 2-

            I walked down the sidewalk easily leaving school the same way I did yesterday. My thoughts were on the phone number that closet creep showed me. He didn’t give me a good look at the number though and all I knew was that it was an 827 number. I took out my iPhone and type in an 8 the names Bobby, Chad, Dawn, Molly, Rachel, Sarah, and Trina. I added a 2 and Chad, Rachel, and Trina disappeared. I added the 7, the last number I knew, and only Sarah was left. I stared at in shock until I noticed the full contact name, Sarah H. (Nikki’s friend), that was her number from the 6th grade. Now she’s under Sarah <3<3

            I first meet Sarah in first grade, the same time I meet Nikki. But unlike Nikki and I, we weren’t always friends. Nikki and I have been best friends since we meet each other. An invincible friendship, we’ve never had a fight. But Sarah and I are another story. We actually became friends in the 5th grade because of Nikki, before that we didn’t really like each other. Nothing ever happened to make us hate each other it was just something that happened as soon as we met. Anyways Nikki forced us to be friends and now we are, best friends even. When I first got Sarah’s number we still weren’t friends so that is why I had her under Sarah H. (Nikki’s friend). Later that year she got the iPhone though and her number changed because she switched carriers. Her 827 number is no longer in service; I guess I haven’t updated my contacts in a while.

            Now walking up the path way to my door I notice a familiar car parked in the driveway. Mom and Dad! I really want to run up to them since I haven’t seen them in forever, but then I have to explain why I'm not in school. Okay so I guess I'm not going home. Great the one time they’re home I’m not going to be. L  And they just got back from china too. I hope they stay for a while for once.

            I walk down random streets trying to think of what I can do. I check my phone for the time for about the 50th time this hour. 10:30, great. Only 4 more hours until school ends and I can go home. I stick my phone back in my pocket. And turn down another street.

             3 hours later and I decide to start walking home. I look up and realize I have no idea where I am. Ugh! Good going Madison. I turn down a street called Hummingbird Lane. Well that sounds friendly. I look around looking for any landmarks I recognize. Nothing, just a bunch of rusty cars and run down builds. Wait! What! Rusty cars and rundown buildings, where the hell am I. I take out my phone and start looking at the maps. I'm in Yellville! That’s about 30 minute drive from my house. It’s also not the safest place to be, most gangs live around here. Crap, now I'm scaring myself.

 I try to follow the maps but it seems totally pointless, I street names don’t match. How come Jake didn’t notice I'm missing yet? He probably too busy with mom and dad. I look at the time again 4:00; in about an hour it’s going to get dark. I’m about to put my phone away when I realize I could just call someone! Wow, I'm stupid. I call Jake and Nikki but neither answer. When I call Sarah her phone is off and when I call my mom and dad the phone is, of course, busy.

I'm about to give when I notice the new message at the bottom of my screen. When did I get that? I open it and see it was sent at 11:00, how did I not notice this? The blonde is really getting to me.

 The text is from 647-8924, so whoever it is isn’t in my contacts. The text says ‘did you get home without problems?’ Awwww! Closet creep cares about me! J Wait! Maybe he’d help me.

 I quickly text back ‘no. not exactly.’

He replies within seconds ‘what do you mean? What happened?’ How’d he text so fast? Even I don’t text that fast!

 I text back ‘well my parents where home so instead I went for a walk and I kind of got lost.’ I hit send before I could change my mind about telling a creep where I was alone.