Chapter 3: King For A Day

(A/N: Sorry for not updating, been busy here lately. But thank you for all the reads!!! Please vote and comment!! We need it please! If you have any advice or suggestions or want us to read your fanfics, comment please!!! And a warning there is some foul language :)  Enjoy, - Gabby Lynn )

Harry POV: 

As I reach downstairs I hear my mom say something to Allen in the kitchen. I stop suddenly at the archway of the kitchen, and listen.

"Allen, just let him drive Zayn to school today. The roads are still wet, and I don't want him riding that motorcyle. Besides, they need to spend quality time together." Mom says.

"Anne, you really think thats a good idea though? These are two COMPLETELY different boys we are talking about...." Allen responds sternly.

"I know, I know, its just I think they should try to get to know each other. They need this, and we need this." My mom concludes.

"Zayn has had a rough past, you know, and Harry is just a very different to Zayn..." Allen mumbles.

I start coughing to make my presence heard and come around the corner into the kitchen. I really hope they don't think I'm letting that asshole in my car. And drive him to my school. Not a chance. I quickly walk to the fridge without making any eye contact with them. I open the fridge and grab the milk.

"Good morning honey, did you sleep well?" mom asked as she makes her way over to me with a bowl and spoon.

"Mhhmm, just perfect." I say back sarcastically, with a huge fake grin plastered across my face. I grab the Cocoa Puffs from the counter and mom sets down the bowl. I begin pouring the cereal and the milk before she starts. I know she is sucking up to me. 

"So, uh darling...I was wondering if you could, well maybe, give Zayn a ride to school today? Ya know, the roads are still wet out and it is his first day there. I think it is the best idea." mom begins as she pats my back.

"Ughhh, you are joking right?" I groan in annoyance. Could life get any worse i thought. Maybe. Maybe not.

"No , not in the slightest dear. Just please, you don't have much of a choice. You need to leave soon anyway, it's already 7:20"  mom states as she goes to sit back with Allen at the table.

All of a sudden I heard loud footsteps coming down the stairs. Then Zayn appeared in the door frame with his hands shoved in his pockets and a wicked grin across his face. 

"So you're taking me to school today? My own personal driver?" Zayn remarks as his smile widens even more. He must think this is hilarious. Cause I surely don't.

"Okay now Zayn, there's no need with that attitude,'' Allen interjects.

"You can't tell me what to do 'Dad'," Zayn spat, anger clearly taking over his face. He took his hands out of his pockets and they were in balled fists at his side. He litrerally looked like he was shaking. "Quit trying to play 'daddy', okay? You can't, you fucking left us, so no don't even start with me. You'll never be that to me ever!" and with that Zayn bolted out the front door and slammed it behind him. 

The kitchen was now very quiet and awkward. Mom's eyes were wide in shock and Allen look as if he could cry? I let out a breath I didn't know i was holding. This was really too early for this shit.

I left my cereal untouched and took this as my cue to exit the kitchen. 

" See ya later, " I quickly mumbled. I walked to the front door to put on my white chucks and grabbed my bag and car keys. I open the front door and closed it shut. I look up to the drive way and Zayn is already in the passenger side of my white 65' Mustang. How rude.

I paced over to my car and hopped in, throwing my bag in the backseat. I shoved the key into the ignition and it roared to life. I put it in reverse and backed into the street. The awkwardness level is eating me alive. I plug in my ipod into the radio and switch on SWS. Thank god for music. 

"You've got a pretty sweet ride here, Henry, i mean Harry," Zayn comments as he looks out the window. I can't help but laugh. He complimented me and insulted me in the same sentence.

"Um ya thanks?'' I stutter as I put my baby in gear, i hit the gas and speed off, squealing my tires in the process. Zayn slides back in his seat and grips the door. The startled look on his face is priceless.  I try to stifle a laugh. "Oh and thanks for that episode of Jerry Springer in the kitchen, it was pretty entertaining." I say as we get on the highway.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, there will probably be more of it to come," Zayn joked rolling down the window. "Allen really doesn't know when to shut the fuck up, ya know? He seriously can't expect me to forgive him, he actually can't really expect anything from me." He said, his tone more serious now.

''Uh, yea you're right man, I mean I understand what you mean." I awkwardly reply. I grip my hand on the steering wheel. I then take the next exit to get to school. Are we really having a conversation right now? No, maybe he's just mad. Yea that's it. "But next time, I'd like to actually eat my breakfast before the show," I joked. Cheesy I know. But then Zayn broke into a fit of laughter. Wow. This morning couldn't get weirder.

"Oh my god, slow the fuck down dude!" Zayn shouted at he pointed out the window.

I hit the brakes and my car slammed to a stop, as Zayn almost hit the dashboard.

"What the fuck man? What is it?" I frantically ask. I follow his finger and see two girls walking down the sidewalk. One had purple hair with blue streaks in her hair, with SWS backpack and the other had bleach blond hair to her waist and she was dressed in all black. "Are you serious dude, you screamed because you saw two girls? I thought we were having a fucking accident! Goddamn it!" I yelled, grabbing my chest. I seriously almost had a heart attack. I really couldn't handle wrecking my car. Fuck.

"Chill bro, damn. Besides these girls are hot, why else would I have made you stop.'' Zayn looked at me like it was obvious, and that he was in no way wrong for shouting at me to stop in the middle of traffic. I look at the clock its 7:45 already. Awesome.

"Okay fine whatever, but we have to get to school. We're almost late as it is. And my mom might flip." I started driving again a little aggravated.

"Okay, Okay, but we have to find these girls later. Obviously they probably go to your school right?" Zayn asked as we drove past them and entered the school parking lot.

"Well I've never seen them before, they might be new i guess." I pondered aloud as i parked the car close to the school entrance. That blond girl was pretty cute I guess.

"Sweet, well maybe coming here wasn't too much of a bad idea." Zayn blurted out. I grabbed my bag and stepped out the car.

"What do you mean?" I ask suspiciously. Zayn gets out, and closes the door and smirks,

"Obviously, that girl with the purple hair was freaking hot. And your car is pretty sweet." Zayn starts. "And I guess my 'roomate' isn't is bad as i thought." He chuckles. I smile and laugh too. 

"Wow, okay. Well the office is this way, we have to get your schedule and shit." I say and start towards the school. Is he actually being nice to me? I shake my head at the ridiculous thought.

"Anything you say 'bro','' Zayn says with a wink. I laughed as we open the door to the office.

(A/N: Sorry if the story seem slow, we promise it will get better! And sorry the chapter was so long! Just trying to make up for us not updating!! But guess what we're double updating tomorrow. So please comment and vote! Ask questions, tell us what you think about it, advice, anything! We'll answer back!! Thank you!! -- Gabby Lynn xx)