Chapter four

Reagan

The clock read 12:00 and I decided that I would try to make a triumphant escape. After packing a bag with essentials such as my phone and charger I went through the back door and passed my father's Study. I locked the door behind my with the set of keys I swindled from my father's pocket and made sure that I didn't make a sound.

The sky was clear, well... For the most part if you're not including the ominous spaceship. The moon shone bright and the stars held it in its place. The fall foliage laid scattered across the driveway where my father's bike stood chained against a tree. After taking a mere five seconds to unlock it I hopped on the bike and rode away, pondering over the major consequences I'd have face when I came back. If I came back.

The streets where fairly quiet, considering that it was a residential area I was driving through, and the air felt cool against my bare skin. I called my friend again before arriving at her house, letting her know I  was coming. She sounded excited and relieved  that she wouldn't have to face the party alone, I laughed. Laura was always such a socialite. She adored parties, especially the ones that involved some of her favorite vices; alcohol and pot.

I arrived at Laura's house around 1:oo in the morning and was immediately greeted by the sounds of loud music blasting from the speakers in her front lawn. The party looked packed. I thought to myself that it would Probably take me some to time to find Laura so I would go ahead and not waste any time. I entered the grand mansion that was her house and found my way through the crowd of dancing, drunk individuals.

After about fifteen minutes I'd still have no luck finding her so I took out my phone and texted her.

Reagan> Laura Baxter

Where are you?? Got here 15 mins ago

I waited for a while before my phone buzzed in my back pocket, it was Laura.

Laura> Reagan Sanderson

Upstairs, third room on the right

I read the message, took my drink and headed upstairs.

The room that Laura Instructed me to go to had a strange odor coming from it, I figured it was just weed but it smelled much stronger. I entered unannounced and to my surprise saw Laura smoking a blunt with one of her boy toys, Troy. "Reagan!,"she exclaimed excitedly as she got up from the bed and hugged me. "It's so awesome to see you again Laura, how have you been?"
" I've been great and you?" She replied with wide eyes. " Just fine."

Laura and I sat back down on her bed and conversed on the topic of the space ship with Troy, he was an alien lover and had so many crazy theories to share with us. We smoked, we drank and we even shared our philosophical thoughts on why the ship was here. For a moment it felt unreal, like there wasn't something threatening in the sky; like it wasn't something dangerous. We talked about college and we talked about how hungry we were, until we decided to go downstairs to get something to chow down on until the pizza Troy was making was ready.

I sat down on the kitchen counter and Laura sat crossed legged on the floor next to Troy and Amara, another one of Laura's friends that decided to join our crazy conversation.
" do you think they're here to hurt us?," Amara asked out of the blue.
Troy's face went pale," probably," he said monotoned. Laura and I looked at each other wide eyed and decided to head to the bathroom.

As we walked through the myriad of people dancing, I felt extremely dizzy. I began to walk faster, just in case I had to throw up whatever garbage I had consumed earlier. Laura yelled my name from behind me and told me to watch out; watch out for what?. Almost immediately after that, I locked eyes with a boy with the most interesting face I'd seen in a while and we collided. His drink spilled all over my shirt and my hands went flying through his hair, what a moment I regretted.

Authors note:
I'm back!!! Hope you enjoyed it!