Chapter five

The day I met her was the day I felt I had something more to live for.

.. ..  .. .. ...

Ben

The moment I locked eyes with her I knew she'd make a significant impact on my life. I felt a slight whiplash when we collided, everything got knocked out of orbit. The drink I was holding in my hand was suddenly all over her shirt and my hoodie was unexpectedly torn. Once we both recovered we looked at each other in bewilderment.
"I'm so... so sorry" I pleaded. She looked at me dumbfounded and mumbled something under her breath. It was almost as strange as the smile she had given me earlier that night.

"I'm alright.... It's ok" she said silently, looking at me as if I was some kind of beast.

" Your shirt" I said scared she'd start flipping me off. She looked down at her self and sighed.
"Damn, that was new" she uttered hesitantly. I approached her slowly while feeling a slight burn in my chest.

"Really sorry about that, is there anything I can do?"
I asked reluctantly. I stood as still as I possibly could but I felt my breath shaking.

" No, it's fine. I'm fine" she said with a slight smirk on her face. She waved goodbye and left with her friends, leaving me there the like a deer in headlights.

I quickly headed the other direction to find my friends and decided to grab another drink.

I found my friends in the living room, practically laying down as if they'd just woken up with the worst hangover ever. They all got excited when they saw me, I figured they were high. My pot head friend Clint motioned me to come join in the "fun," I said I was fine. Weed wasn't my thing, neither was booze, my only vice was wining and succeeding.

Clint stood up and shook his shaggy hair back and forth until it slowly fell into place, he was the poster boy for potheads worldwide. His legalize it shirt and bob Marley backpack certainly didn't help.
"Dude....like what if the freakish space thang came from like another timeline and shit" he said reluctantly. I shook my head because of how inconceivably idiotic he'd sound sometimes.

"Sure Clint.... Sure" I said trying to relate to his current state of mind.

Clint chuckled.

"listen guys I gotta get going, we've got school tomorrow." Spencer, Clint's best friend/on and off again girlfriend stood up and frowned.
"Yo you like... Just got here" she mumbled.

"Sorry guys I like really gotta go," I said as everyone sighed. Clint gave me a hug and everyone else waved goodbye.

I decided to thank the hostess for inviting me. Then I walked outside, breathing in a breath of fresh air and feeling relieved because I didn't have to inhale the smell of smoke anymore. I looked up at the sky and couldn't help but wonder wether or not I'd live another day

As I got in my car and started it, the thought of not living anymore invaded my thoughts. It was strange to think that these past few hours could have been my last. There were so many things I wish I'd said, I wish I'd done. One of them was talking to that girl I spilled my drink on. In a way I knew that the probability of me dying was low, still I felt as if things were inevitably going to go wrong. There's no way this thing in the sky showed up just for a quick visit, they had bigger plans than just chatting with the president over some tea and biscuits.

I started my car and drove away, still a little dazed from that second hand smoke I inhaled. The night was quiet but still bright, although no one seemed to be outside. I knew it was late, but still, at this time you'd always find a few drunk individuals or sinful cheaters wandering the streets.

I pulled up in my driveway and made sure not to run over my mother's lawn gnomes. I took the key out of the ignition then stepped out, still trying to be cautious. I snuck into my window carefully and threw my stuff on the floor. I felt exhausted and overwhelmed knowing I had school tomorrow. My legs and body gave in and I threw myself onto the bed. I closed my eyes and wondered about millions of things I couldn't control.

Author's note
Hope that was ok it was shit to write though