Part 5

Once he sat down I sat side ways and used him as a foot stool. I showed him the bouquet and he understood why I ran. We talked until I heard my sister call my name which was a while away.

"What are you doing here," I asked.
"My brother is the groom," he said.
"So technically were related now," I asked.
"Yeah technically," he said.
" so this changes things," I said.
"This changes nothing," he said,  "you're still the one."

Even though we were both eighteen I didn't know how I would explain  this to everyone now that my cousin is married to his brother. I still had the bouquet, and I did want to get married and we did date for a year now. His sketchy past though I can overlook, but can the police take it out of their minds and put it aside.  I wasn't willing to take that risk or maybe I was. I loved him ever since we met and I always will.

"Julie," my sister shouted.
" I'll be there in a minute," I said.

"How do you know I'm still the one," I asked.
"When I look into your eyes and when I met you I knew you were the one and you will always be," he said.
"I knew when we met I felt the same way and I'm willing to risk it all just to still have you with me together," I said.

Just then he leaned on one knee and said the words I wasn't expecting but totally hoped for.

" I love you so much will you marry me," he asked.
" yes a million times yes," I said as he held my hand and spun me around.

He then placed a ring on my finger and kissed me. It was our first kiss but one of a lifetime. It was passionate and full of reassurance. He was a bad boy but he was mine. He will always be the one.

As we left the bench and headed to the cars. I remember never looking up from looking at the ring. My sister looked at when I showed her and the diamonds were as big as my cousins ring except mine had a blue sapphire and something engraved on the inside.

Your still the one