Chapter 1

Cara's POV;

"What's it like?" The delicate voice spoke, breaking the silence that hung between them.

Looking up, Cara examined the girl sitting a few feet away from her.

Her long, slender, legs seemed almost endless as they hung lazily over the arm of the white chair. The incredibly short shorts she had on left only little to the imagination, while the crop top she had paired with them allowed her toned stomach to be seen vividly. Cara examined her closely as the younger girl ran a hand through her slick brown locks slowly, her eyes shut as she did so.

The simple, yet breathtaking sight was enough to draw the older girl's attention from whatever the brunette had just said.

"What?" She asks, leaning back in the chair and throwing one leg over the other.

Kendall adjusts her position in the rather small chair so that her whole body is now facing Cara.

She rests her head in her hand and takes a deep breath before responding.

"What's it like being in love?" Kendall asks, her eyes now looking down into her own lap.

The blonde headed girl moves uncomfortably in her seat at the question.

Cara is silent and decides to ponder her thoughts before responding to the younger girl.

Herself and Annie have been together for only a few months, but in the eyes of the public, they might as well be married. Pictures of them appeared almost daily in every tabloid imagineable, constantly claiming the pair appear to be, 'loved up' or 'totally obsessed with each other', which was far from the truth.

In the beginning, Cara had hoped the singer would be the one to take her mind off the younger girl seated across from her. The older girl's feelings for Kendall were inevitable, but she knew that there was no use in pursuing them or even acting upon them in any serious way. Annie was, in summary, a distraction. She managed to keep Cara's mind off of the model long enough for her to function, but at the end of the day, she always knew it was Kendall.

"You think I'm in love?" She asks, feeling her cheeks getting hot as she fiddles with her shoe string.

At this point, she could feel Kendall's eyes on her and she wasn't certain if she wanted to look up or not.

"Yeah, I do" The soft voice responds.

The older girl looks up at the brown eyed beauty and sees a peculiar look in the familiar eyes.

Kendall looks rather distraught and anxious, as if anticipating every word Cara was about to say.

"If you're insinuating that I'm in love with Annie, that's not the case" She laughs wholeheartedly.

The younger girl's features perk up slightly at the response, as if it was what she wanted to hear.

"Well you do a pretty good job at making it look like you are" Kendall shrugs, glancing at her phone for only a second and then tossing it on the mattress a few feet from her.

Cara didn't lie, she supposes. She never said she wasn't in love, she just said she wasn't in love with Annie. Which was 100% true.

"Oh, Really?" The older girl smiles at her friend's comment.

Kendall nods, "Yes, definitely" she plays with the button on the side of the arm chair, her eyes now seeming to look everywhere but at Cara.

"Hmm, weird, explain" The blonde headed girl requests, as she sees Kendall arise from the chair.